Road Rage? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ADIDASS Send a message via Yahoo to ADIDASS
Road Rage?

So Iím driving home from my g/fís house tonight, which is about 1 Ĺ hours from my house. It is about 10:00 P.M., Iíve seen a few deer, and Iím pulling my brights on to give me the most light with my Third Generation Projectors 6k HID Kit instead of flipping back and forth between brights or dims. (I have these aimed low for the exact reason of this story.) Iím about six miles away from my house and in the month Iíve had these projectors, I have never had anyone flash me. When a car comes I just release my brights and they shut off while keeping my dims on. (Obviously)

So I see this car between ľ and a Ĺ mile in front of me. So I decide I wonít use my brights anymore to be courteous to them. I see there brakes light up and then go off, so I immediately start to think there are more deer up ahead so I slow down. (The speed limit is 55, cruise was set at 57 and I slow down to about 53) As I get to the point where the car tapped their brakes, I do not see any deer and pick my speed back up to 57 mph. Again, I see this car tap their brakes and I start to wonder if this guy in front of me thinks I have my brights on. I thought about flashing my brights to show him I didnít, but instead I just keep gaining on him. Again, he taps his brakes and by this time Iím about four to five second behind him and he has slowed down to about 45 mph and I slow down because I canít pass him due to oncoming traffic. Then he turns his four-ways on and slows down to 40 mph and I decide now is the time to flash him and show him I donít have my brights onÖ So I flash him a few times and as the last two oncoming cars pass by Iím about to pass and he turns off his four-ways and I passÖ

AS SOON AS I pass him he starts throwing a fit with his brights. Off/On, Off/On, Off/On for about ten seconds. I start to laugh because it doesnít bother me at all since my windows are tinted. After he finally stops throwing his temper tantrum he leaves his brights on. By this time Iím a bit in front of him and around three miles from home. I decideÖ You know whatÖ Iím going to pull over and have a little chat with the guy. So I pull over to a complete stop and roll down my window. I guess he didnít think it was worth discussing because he kept on driving.

I decide, well I will show him what brights and dims are... I catch up to him very easily, being he is in a KIAÖ I get behind him far enough to show him and I say out loud in my carÖ (Lol, yes you can call me the one with the road rage or crazy) ďTHESE ARE MY DIMS! AND THESE ARE MY BRIGHTS!Ē I showed each for about three seconds. I even turned off my dims completely and showed him the brights aloneÖ brightsÖ dimsÖ brightsÖ dimsÖ. I did this about three times and then pass him. When I passed him, he didnít flash me again, but another car that had caught up to us since we were going like 45 mph had passed him as well.

By now Iím about a mile from my house and I decided I didnít really want him knowing where I lived to come key my car up, because people like that wonít face you up front and talk to you. Itís like you are another race or species when we get into our vehicles and drive. So I turned down a side road, watch him drive by and turn around and head back to my house.

I guess I posted this because I wanted to know what other peoples thoughts were on the story. Would you have done the same thing, or just kept driving and let it be? I know the world is full of crazy people who carry guns on them and will shoot you for a stupid reason like this, but I guess I lost my cool over the whole thing. The whole temper tantrum is what set me off I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Veteran

Garage
I personally woulda flipped him off as i went by then if he got in front of me put the brights back on, but im aweful with road rage like my ex would constantly ***** cuz im bad but yeah, i think u did it pretty well. lol

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
HAHA great story I love it, way to be a total **** to him, i feel like he deserved it, sometimes i think people have really bright low beams but if they are legitly high beams oh well get over it haha

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp55 View Post
I personally woulda flipped him off as i went by then if he got in front of me put the brights back on, but im aweful with road rage like my ex would constantly ***** cuz im bad but yeah, i think u did it pretty well. lol
Lol, I'm not that bad, but I doubt he would have seen the finger if I would ever do that... he couldn't tell the difference between brights and dims... the funny part is too.. I had my fogs on, in which your fogs and brights can't be on simultaneously.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
HAHA great story I love it, way to be a total **** to him, i feel like he deserved it, sometimes i think people have really bright low beams but if they are legitly high beams oh well get over it haha
That's the thing... I really didn't want to be a **** to him, I just wanted to let him know he was WRONG! (Maybe that's my problem, the fact of wanting to be the person who was right.)
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Veteran

Garage
You shoulda stopped in front of him and then told him how dumb he was and hoped he wasnt armed. Take my advice and do what i do just in case, never leave your house wihtout a blade in your pocket for scenarios just like this. i always say: Its better safe than pissed off with nothing you can do about it.

My 'Balt, Camryn, is my baby. She's a black '09 LT 2.2L with the performance appearance package. I believe that if you take care of your car your car will take care of you.
Currently: Predator Pedals, GM logos gone, blacked out bowties, green interior neons, green LEDGlow, 2x 12" Kicker L7's subwoofer, kicker speakers, Pioneer avic f700bt, Konig Unkown's (17's), Tints

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
haha i respect that decision lol, although my foglights stay on when my high beams are on cause there aftermarker :p

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by djp55 View Post
You shoulda stopped in front of him and then told him how dumb he was and hoped he wasnt armed. Take my advice and do what i do just in case, never leave your house wihtout a blade in your pocket for scenarios just like this. i always say: Its better safe than pissed off with nothing you can do about it.
LOL, that's the thing... I DID stop in front of him... and I pulled over... and he just went around me instead of stopping to talk. I'm a nice guy... I just wanted to exchange a few, "HEY... F-U, Buddy!"'s
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Veteran

Garage
Well thats just rude on his part, if someone wants to talk to you you should listen! lol

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-02-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
haha i respect that decision lol, although my foglights stay on when my high beams are on cause there aftermarker :p
Ah, yeah, with that exception... I really would like to wire up my projectors so I don't have to hold the stick back to have both highs and lows on, but instead have the lows stay on when I flip the stick foward to my brights. I'm just not sure how to do this, and how much of a PITA it is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode