Help! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Help!

I've been saving for a Camaro/ Trans Am for a year already, have 5k saved for whatever I buy. I plan on buying in the fall, when I estimate I should have around 8K, but I'm not spending over 4 on a vehicle. (Rest is extra in case of any repairs, if no repairs then it will go half to insurance and half to mods).

Well I was browsing craigslist today, and I found a Kawasaki Ninja 250 2008 with 6500 miles on it in pristine condition. Never dropped or modded, stock in Kawi green color. It costs a whopping $2600, these things have high values even after years of use... Dare I buy? I'd ideally want to get a crotch rocket and start riding in my 20s, but this would be a great way to learn and I'd save buttloads on gas. You guys know the rest of the cons for having a bike as a DD (though I could still use the Cobalt whenever I need), opinions?

Tom.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 04:57 PM
Forum God

Go for it! my friends got the same bike (a black 09 though) and its a pretty sweet bike. it sounds sooo good and its pretty quick for a 250
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
I found an even better deal for an 08 (same conditions) but only 2500 miles for $3k...

I think I'm going to pass, I want my muscle car and plus, you cant boink a girl on the back of a bike- and well I wouldn't want to invite her in the Cobalt lmao .

I guess I'll save the bikes till I'm 22 or so, definitely want a CBR/R6/GSXR/Ninja on the future.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Veteran

You can "boink" a girl just about anywhere...let your imagination work...I wouldn't bother with such a small bike though...start with something at least in the 600 range...that way you won't learn to ride and then get bored and turn around to sell right away...trust me, I've seen WAY too many people decide they want to learn on a 250 and in a couple months at most, they get rid of it and buy something else...save the time and learn on a larger bike...mileage will still beat out your car as well. Plus you can have more fun...just be smart and safe on a crotch rocket (or any bike for that matter)...I won't ride a crotch rocket...I'm afraid I would do something dumb on it...don't need anything to happen to me or anyone else.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:16 PM
HTx
Forum Regular

Garage
Honestly, I think the old Camaro (90s version) is a piece of junk, and is probably the fartherest thing from a muscle car. Tran-Am is a bit better, but I'd still go for a bike over either of those 2.

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
^ Remember that I'm 18... The 3rd-4th gen Camaros are the farthest thing from junk.... The Trans Ams are the exact same thing with more accents on the body...... Corvette LS1 power, 330hp stock- thats fuggin muscle with easy mod capability for cheap. Good cars for the money- LS1 gets 17-18 city and 25 highway too.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
HTx
Forum Regular

Garage
Haha, I'm 17 and I think that Camaro is a POS honestly. Body is ugly, and sure you can get the ss and get some more power, but you might as well stick with the balt then since you're getting comprable power with a much better style. Trans-Am/Firebird is similar in body, but the body is developed, and more refined (not to mention not everyone is driving one).

As for mpg, when the manufacturer tells you what fuel economy you should expect, you usually deduct at least 3 or 4 mpgs.

post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Sounds like you need to do some more reading... You say the Camaro/ Trans Am is a POS, yet you don't bother explaining? Maybe the body is ugly in your opinion, but thats what makes all choose different cars.

Imo the Balt looks like shit compared to the Camaro, and comparable power? Are you kidding me?

Cobalt LS- 125whp
Camaro/ Trans Am Z28 1998-02- 330whp

Camaro can benefit to 600hp+ without forced induction in bolt ons and heads/cams/valve train, Cobalt 2.2L gets to 200hp and hits a wall.

Trans Am is a move developed body? They are the SAME EXACT THING as the Camaro with different lines on the panels... Everyone has one? Yeah your funny. I dont read manufacturers claims, I go on forums and see what real people say, 18 city and 25-27 highway...

Learn what your talking about buddy .

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
Yo let's all relax now. We don't need this turning into a Css.net thread now

post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
I'm providing facts behind all of my reasoning, real world data is what I look at. Cost effectiveness, practicality, and power is what I look at in my equation, and the car I've selected meets all of the criteria. I just dont respect when someone jumps in and tells me the car I've been saving a year already for is a POS without providing any basis for such reasoning...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode