Extreme/action Sports! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Extreme/action Sports!

This is a little thread for those of us that love watching and participating in extreme/ action sports. I personally don't participate in much, since I AM located in NYC and there is almost nothing to do here, but here is a little list.

-Used to skateboard (till dad broke middle finger on it, brother broke an arm )- I didn't go it long enough to break anything. (Like 2yrs I guess)
-I ski and snowboard, I've gotten great at boarding and have been doing small 5-8ft tall jumps and even did a 180 spin last time I was out.
-I was told of a place not too far away from me that does skydiving, next year I plan on getting some good friends to go with me and doing a group dive.

Always wanted to go rock climbing, and downhill mountain biking. (And I still can't believe I haven't been paintballing yet!!)
If we had a track anywhere here, I would be racing something-- anything from go karts/ dirtbikes/ a motorcycle, I live to race..
I love watching rally and pretty much all the X games/ Dew/ Monster sponsored events.
I watch all types of racing except NASCAR

What are you guys into when it comes to these?

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
I skateboarded for 6 years until I had to have back surgery 3 months ago...had to quit.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to TheyCallMeGodly Send a message via MSN to TheyCallMeGodly Send a message via Skype™ to TheyCallMeGodly
I'm a free runner, have been for a while now. Some people don't see it as extreme, but I don't see why. I've never had a rush better then the one from running and jumping off a roof into a landing roll, its pretty amazing.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Send a message via MSN to Rocket
I event! Youtube or google eventing or horse trials. Good stuff
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Theycallmegodly- I've always wanted to do that! I never get enough of the vids on youtube of ppl running and jumping off roofs and just plowing through staircases, etc.. Crazy stuff!

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeGodly View Post
I'm a free runner, have been for a while now. Some people don't see it as extreme, but I don't see why. I've never had a rush better then the one from running and jumping off a roof into a landing roll, its pretty amazing.
I have always been very interested in parkour and free running the best i have really done though is small roof to roof gaps.

What i am really into is snowboarding! I worked up at Brighton this past winter so i was riding pretty much everyday! I went through 3 boards this year! lol I was getting pretty good. hitting a lot of big cliffs up there!

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
i paintball, climb things, jump from things, surf snowboard, thats about as extreme as I go

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to TheyCallMeGodly Send a message via MSN to TheyCallMeGodly Send a message via Skype™ to TheyCallMeGodly
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
Theycallmegodly- I've always wanted to do that! I never get enough of the vids on youtube of ppl running and jumping off roofs and just plowing through staircases, etc.. Crazy stuff!
If you have the time and a place to do it at, If you live in a town with nothing to really jump over or anythng then its gonna be hard to get into, You have to be able to practice, because without practice you'll get nowhere. I advise you to get into it if you have the time. It is one of the best workouts you can get. Just make sure you have the strength and endurance to do it, I'll give you my workout routine if you want it.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
^^ Haha I guess I currently don't have much a place to do it. I live in the burbs now.. Mind sharing it anyway out of curiosity? Thanks.

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 PM
Expert

i've skated since i was 14 and at 17 i was sponsored 'amateur' from a local skate shop... and i played soccer since i was 6 but that's not extreme... except when i play cuz i'm an a hole..

ballin outta control in a camo balt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode