Wow Haha, Funny Mustangs - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
 
NitroheadZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bk, NY- USA
Posts: 1,648
Garage
Wow Haha, Funny Mustangs

My friend John at school who owns a 93' 4 cylinder mustang is coming back to the parking lot with me to leave after our last class. My other friend Chris meets up with us before we pull out, and John says- I'm gonna do a sick fish tail drift.. His car is POS slow status, he needs to lift off the throttle to shift gears (its an auto lol), and top speed is 85mph and no acceleration.

Its pouring really hard, and all 3 of us are waiting at the intersection where we need to make a sweeping left onto the road with a right turn 30ft after. John pulls out first with me about 20ft behind him, after triple checking if the coast is clear.. All I see is the mustang whipping the tail in the opposite direction of the right turn right after merging onto the road .. I was laughing my ass off, this kid drove onto the grass and just touched the median, lol the influence to show off is a bad one.

So let this be a warning to you testosterone packing kiddies, we've all been there but it only takes a second to wipe out and do serious damage.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
NitroheadZ28 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
scagnetti76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Helena Mt
Posts: 3,700
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
My friend John at school who owns a 93' 4 cylinder mustang is coming back to the parking lot with me to leave after our last class. My other friend Chris meets up with us before we pull out, and John says- I'm gonna do a sick fish tail drift.. His car is POS slow status, he needs to lift off the throttle to shift gears (its an auto lol), and top speed is 85mph and no acceleration.

Its pouring really hard, and all 3 of us are waiting at the intersection where we need to make a sweeping left onto the road with a right turn 30ft after. John pulls out first with me about 20ft behind him, after triple checking if the coast is clear.. All I see is the mustang whipping the tail in the opposite direction of the right turn right after merging onto the road .. I was laughing my ass off, this kid drove onto the grass and just touched the median, lol the influence to show off is a bad one.

So let this be a warning to you testosterone packing kiddies, we've all been there but it only takes a second to wipe out and do serious damage.
so true! i had my rear end kick out a couple inches taking an off ramp to fast when i first bought my cobalt. scared me straight.
scagnetti76 is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Cobalt Specialist


 
cobaltinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Destin Florida
Posts: 1,127
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to cobaltinator
I was at a 4way stop in memphis by shelby farms in my old blazer and barely goosed it after it just got done rainin and I went slidin doin some crazy 360's. Not too fun but like 5 minutesa after I did it I was thinkin bout goin back and doin it all over again !!

cobaltinator is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:23 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
 
NitroheadZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bk, NY- USA
Posts: 1,648
Garage
^^ Haha, I only have 3 days that I've driven in the rain with the Cobalt- today being the third one.. On one intersection, I was crossing from a stop sign and there was a car about 80ft away doing 35-40mph... All I gave was a small touch of the throttle cause I knew the tires would spin if I goosed it, needless to say I somehow crossed the whole intersection at 10mph with the tires spinning the whole time.... God I hate FWD- this is going to take some getting used to.

Yeah I've had my fair share of fun with this car, I know its limits (on dry asphalt) now so I know where to take it easy. It scared me shitless when the car wouldn't respond to steering input 3 weeks ago and I ran it over a curb at 25mph missing 2 trees.. Must have taken me 60-70ft to brake down from 35mph? This aint no race car thats for sure.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
NitroheadZ28 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
^^ Haha, I only have 3 days that I've driven in the rain with the Cobalt- today being the third one.. On one intersection, I was crossing from a stop sign and there was a car about 80ft away doing 35-40mph... All I gave was a small touch of the throttle cause I knew the tires would spin if I goosed it, needless to say I somehow crossed the whole intersection at 10mph with the tires spinning the whole time.... God I hate FWD- this is going to take some getting used to.

Yeah I've had my fair share of fun with this car, I know its limits (on dry asphalt) now so I know where to take it easy. It scared me shitless when the car wouldn't respond to steering input 3 weeks ago and I ran it over a curb at 25mph missing 2 trees.. Must have taken me 60-70ft to brake down from 35mph? This aint no race car thats for sure.

what car do you drive? and what do you mean your car wouldnt respond to steering input causing you to run into a curb? Sounds to me your going to fast in the rain and your over steering. There is a method to driving FWD ya know?
Codyak Supercharged is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master
 
NitroheadZ28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bk, NY- USA
Posts: 1,648
Garage
Yeah I was speeding, I was doing 35-40 on a very tight turn on dry asphalt, the car negotiates it without a problem at that speed. That specific time, I gave the throttle a push mid-turn, and I needed to make a quick right, so the car pushed forward and couldn't transfer the weight quickly enough to make the right. Rookie mistake I know, but whatever I know what I can and can't do now.

I drive a Cobalt duh... and if you assume I'm a retard who can't drive and doesn't know crap then don't bother with the smart remarks... I've gotten used to FWD, still hate it with a passion though.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
NitroheadZ28 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
Yeah I was speeding, I was doing 35-40 on a very tight turn on dry asphalt, the car negotiates it without a problem at that speed. That specific time, I gave the throttle a push mid-turn, and I needed to make a quick right, so the car pushed forward and couldn't transfer the weight quickly enough to make the right. Rookie mistake I know, but whatever I know what I can and can't do now.

I drive a Cobalt duh... and if you assume I'm a retard who can't drive and doesn't know crap then don't bother with the smart remarks... I've gotten used to FWD, still hate it with a passion though.
No one said you were a retard man, and that you didn't know crap about driving, chill out. If anyone your doing the smart ass "i drive a cobalt" holy shit bro thanks! You realize how many models there are? Are you a slow 2.2? 2.4? im inclined to think you are not boosted.

Shit, i could have related saying i crashed a HHR in the rain doing the same thing, but no... ill let you make yourself look like an ass.

Last edited by Codyak Supercharged; 10-15-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Codyak Supercharged is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 02:59 AM
Forum God
 
hailcesar75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: broooooklyn, NY
Posts: 2,969
Chill out guys

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

hailcesar75 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 AM
XFE
Wootsauce!
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member


 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 8,593
Send a message via AIM to XFE





XFE is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Expert
 
BlakdOut07LT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 931
yeahhh baby!!! this was the story of my life every time i drove my trans am in the rain/snow... i did'nt mind it much tho



mods... tinted taillights, 1000 watt alpine mono amp, 2 10 inch alpine type "r" subs, basspro slot ported box, xm radio, alpine 6x9 rear speekers, alpine 6.5 front speekers (both type "s",09SS front bumper and lip,black factory headlights, 12k foglights, 10k headlights, slp catback,fe5 suspension with sportlines,black carpet, painted plastics (black) huge custom pink monster sticker... and ofcourse.... BLACKED OUT!
BlakdOut07LT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome