Ok I guess while I am thinkin about it I will post some tricks to overcome at a dealership if you are in the market to buy...I used to be a car salesman and hate them more than I did before!!
1) When the salesman trys to get your information from him and you are just out "window shopping" give him the wrong number as they will bug the crap out of you
2) Never act to interested in a car because they will feed into it and try to sell it for more than what thecar is actually worth.
3) Always take someone with you because if you go at it alone they will take that to their advantage and rape you on the sale price.
4) When you are looking at a car and telling the salesman that you are just looking, and he says "I'll be right back let me get you a business card" He is actualy goin in to get a manager so they can double team you.
5) Never fall for the "we dont have the carfax but it was a local driven car" trick because chances are it was a auction car that was either a recovered stolen car, or a rental.
6) The dealer probably has the car listed at over $3000.00 what they paid for it at auction or trade.
7) There is always room for nagotiation in any car on the lot. Its never the bottom price on the window.
Kelly blue book is the cars actuall trade in value of your cr. They will tell you otherwise so they can get as much out of the cr without giving you crap for it.
9) GO TO THE DEALERSHIP WITH A LOAN FROM A BANK OR CREDIT UNION!!!!That way you have a set locked in interest rate and they cant raise it. If you go through their lenders, they will raise the rate a point or maybe more from what you are approved for. That is how the finince manager makes his commision.
10) Never Never Never buy a car without threatening to walk out of the door unless they give you your price. Always shoot for a price lower than what you are willing to pay for the car. That way it will end up somewhere close to what you are expecting.
11) Dont let them run you over in the begininng cause it will give them the upper hand through the whole process.
12) Dont let them know you have a loan from a bank until you have set the price in stone.
13) Never tell them what you can afford on a monthly note cause that just gives them more room to make the price higher than it should be.
14) Sleep on it for a night before making a purchase cause you are stuck with it.
15) If they tell you to take the cr over night, DONT DO IT!!!! It just makes you have to come back to the dealership the next day. It gives them more time to play with the numbers and get a better sales tactic to throw on you.
16) Have fun at the dealership. Dont look so serious and dont be too nice though. Be an ass. Its fun!!!
I hope some of theis info helps you on your next purchase.