Stubborn Parents FML - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Stubborn Parents FML

Urgh, okay,

so I buy a new cobalt last week, had to get my parents to co-sign cuz im still a student for a few more years. I been waiting to get this car all last week but we had to keep pushing it cuz my parents and the dealer could not always make it to get shit in order etc etc. So this weekend, i took my sound system and other things off the old civic, getting it ready to install on the new car when i get it tonight. My mom then calls this morning on my way to work to tell me 1)she can't come to get the car with me today and 2) that i should listen to my stepdad, and not put the sound system or any other addition to the new car. I was like ''wtf does it make a difference if i put the sound system or anything else on the car...i'm not voiding any warranties or ****ing anything up. And i'm paying for the whole car all they had to do was co-sign for it.....give me a break. And they wont let off either, they're all being like 'let's go get your deposit back and tell them you are not going to take the car' etc. anyone else got these problems? I surely hope not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 04:50 AM
Newcomer

Wow dude that is ****ed up. Lol I would of been sooo annoyed too .well I also have it co sign but my parents aren't that ****ing strict. I want to put a system on my car but I don't know yet since I already had my sound system jack like a year ago from my toyota camry ,still kinda worried. But yea my dad is like that 2 he always talk shit for any new addition on my car. Lol but yea I still do it because its my car and I'm paying for every single cent invested on my car and yea ,just do what u want its your money and it makes you happy don't let them take that away from u. Just careful with your car and system.
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

yeh my system was stolen 2 years ago from my civic, then i got an alarm, and everytime i would leave my car parked somewhere i threw a shirt over my system, no problems in like a year and a half and im careful wwhere i park so its all good. I cant believe theyre being so gay, imean what do they expect me to do with the system ****, i got it replaced last year by insurance, $2200. Ill never get that if i sell it so wtf. theyre ridiculous in this case. I think ill just tell them im not gonna do it for now, then get the car, drive it stock for awhile then like after the winter just throw it in wtv **** im gonna be 21 this year, i got 2 years left of engineering then ill be buying a house lool and my car will be so done up when im on my own :P urgh just pisses me off.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 05:43 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

**Update** my parents called me back and told me that i can do wtv the **** i want, i'm old enough and they don't want to hear about or see any mods I do to the car and to go pick it up on my own or wtv. Now theyre simply playing the guilt trip :P

VICTORY!!!!

lol. hope i can still pick my car up tonight though. cant wait to feel the 40hp increase in speed from my old civic :D
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Contributor

That's why I bought my Cobalt in cold hard cash! No cosigning, no loans....it's mine all mine!!!!!

Mods: debaged, carbon fiber hood, painted interior trim, lowered

2008 Sport Sedan 2.4
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Cobalt Master

Garage
^^ Haha, thats what my dad did- I wish I could have seen him bring 14gs in cash to the dealership

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 AM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss_Cobaltous2
Skrew dealerships! when my parents and i went to buy my car that was supposed to be shipped from ohio, that was on hold for me, they sold it! and this happened 5 times no lie! so a month later all the cobalts that i wanted with the dark blue color, black interior and sunroofs were sold! so i had to get the very last one with the black interior and color but it lacked a sunroof and i was soo pissed off
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGrunt View Post
That's why I bought my Cobalt in cold hard cash! No cosigning, no loans....it's mine all mine!!!!!
That's great you have a job and you could save enough to cash purchase a car, and I will do the same when i'm done school in afew years for my 370z or wtv lol, but right now, i needed a new car, and i couldn't exactly sign it myself as I am not working full time yet, so i kinda have no choice. But good job man that's the best way to do it, no debt!

man sometimes parents piss me off i do lots of shit for them and here they are bein all gay bout modifying a car i am paying wholely for.....stupid.owell only a few more years left and no more of that lool
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 06:58 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

hey imma start an occupation thread and see wha¨t evry1 does lol
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGrunt View Post
x2. its so much easier to save up and do it that way imo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode