F My Life!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

F My Life!!!!!

So some of you are /will/ or have been in college right? Well I am in my first Cal State quarter this fall and I am really having a though time with this..... coming from a Community College where the terms are semesters is way easier then quarter system....... so if any of you have experienced this my ? is how do I help myself do better? Is there like a way that would make it easier for me? Thanks, BTW I know this was random but I'm all stressed and figured someone could shed some light on my frustrations ..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:45 PM
Admin

Garage
Just focus .. its a big adjustment from a CC .. get yourself organized.. make sure you are prioritizing your schoolwork in your life.. Organization will help reduce your stress and make the experience easier for you
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Contributor

Garage
Admin is right i went from one college that had quarters to semesters... it was a pain at first but after a while of focusing and being organized it becomes easier

East Coast Cobalts: NY | Northern NY Cobalt Concepts
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-28-2009, 09:52 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
^^^^x2 focus and prioritize...If it takes you a whole day just focus on what needs to be done and what order it needs to be done in, and if school is an like the workload you can always drop a class its not the end of the world
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBALT06 View Post
So some of you are /will/ or have been in college right? Well I am in my first Cal State quarter this fall and I am really having a though time with this..... coming from a Community College where the terms are semesters is way easier then quarter system....... so if any of you have experienced this my ? is how do I help myself do better? Is there like a way that would make it easier for me? Thanks, BTW I know this was random but I'm all stressed and figured someone could shed some light on my frustrations ..
hey,
I'm in the canadian/quebec system so from cegep (college) to university was a huge change. I am in my second year OF University now. It was hard to adjust, but the main thing is try and do a solid amount of work every day if you can. Make time for studies, and time for fun/car/gf or bf if you have lol. And start studying for midterms and finals like atleast a week and a half to 2 weeks b4. It really comes down to how much work you are willing to put in to every class. If you don't understand something, go see the teachers, use them cuz theyre gettin paid to help you lol even if they have crappy office hours! don't be stressed. If you find yourself frustrated, take a little break, relax, then get right back to it until you get it or you're done. PM us if you needa let off some steam! good luck!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 07:10 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to brianulrich01
^^x2, I'm in a college with semesters and I think my professors hate me because I am always e-mailing them. I find it much easier to e-mail my professors if I ever have a question, since most of my other classes tend to be during their office hours. The other thing I do is I try to do at least 3 hours of work a night, if I do that every day I tend to be up to speed on everything in my classes. Like Bboy said, don't hesitate to PM any of us if you need to vent or anything of that sort. Good luck, dude!

Confucius say: Man who go through airport metal detector sideways is going to Bangkok!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 08:00 AM
Bamble Ramble!!!!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via MSN to bumbleninja Send a message via Yahoo to bumbleninja Send a message via Skype™ to bumbleninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyTaktix View Post
hey,
I'm in the canadian/quebec system so from cegep (college) to university was a huge change. I am in my second year OF University now. It was hard to adjust, but the main thing is try and do a solid amount of work every day if you can. Make time for studies, and time for fun/car/gf or bf if you have lol. And start studying for midterms and finals like atleast a week and a half to 2 weeks b4. It really comes down to how much work you are willing to put in to every class. If you don't understand something, go see the teachers, use them cuz theyre gettin paid to help you lol even if they have crappy office hours! don't be stressed. If you find yourself frustrated, take a little break, relax, then get right back to it until you get it or you're done. PM us if you needa let off some steam! good luck!
most deff on this one. i do alot of my schooling online and when im overseas, planning and orginzation skills are a must. don't stress, just step back decompress and start again.

Sig thanx to gCobalt05
Mods 35% tint, K&N Drop in, Air Box Mod, Debadged, Painted front Bow Tie
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Contributor

IMO the quarter system isn't very effective if you're studying for a math or science major, their is just to much information to learn in one quarter. Trying to learn 12 chapters of physics in 9 weeks hasn't been fun at all, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and do what you can to the best of your abilities. If you can, try to look for any help or tutoring rooms, your school is bound to have one, and try to organize study groups too (trust me they help). I found myself cramming and powerstudying for midterms, which isn't that effective in the higher classes. Also don't think furlough days at Cal States are a good thing, granted you can catch up and study for other things, what ever classes you miss the teacher ends up leaving the teaching up to you, for what you're supposed to cover that day sometimes. Just take time to prioritize you're more important classes and you should be alright. Hope this helps!

Mods:
Engine- K&N SRI Intake, NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs, Corsa Touring Cat-Back Exhaust
Suspension- FE5 SS/TC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, Koni Yellow Sport Shocks/Struts, DC Sports Strut Tower Brace
Brakes- PowerSlot Rotors, Hawk HPS Brake Pads
Wheels- 17" Tenzo RS5 Rims (Gunmetal), BFGoodrich G-Force Sport 225/45/17 tires
Exterior- Removed Side Moldings
Interior- Pioneer FH-P800BT, Pioneer 3-Way 6x9 Speakers, Carbon Fiber Interior Trim Kit

Future: 2.4L Intake Manifold, Bad-Mab Header, ZZP 2.5" Downpipe, Trifecta Tune, Eibach Sway Bar Kit, Russel SS Brake Lines
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Veteran

Its a big adjustment. I went from have 16 week classes to 8 weeks classes after I left community college. It was a big adjustment, but I actually loved it. The pace is much quicker because we were covering 3-4 chapters a night. You just have to find your grove and stay there. Pick certain nights that you want to work on school work and stay with it. It will be tempting to want to go out, but stay focused. However, make sure you have days were you can relax and have fun with friends.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 10:06 AM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Dude, first semester in college- Mechanical Engineering major and this school is a joke . I don't know what to say, its easier than HS and I'm just chillin. Good luck.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode