That's It I'm Done... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Garage
That's It I'm Done...

I'm sick of this shit... **** it i'm done. I'm done modding. Starts out like this. This morning I put my heat shields back on my header. Then I break a strut stud. (don't ask) Then later on I'm driving and I get a CEL which I shouldn't cause I have a CEL eliminator. So now I'm pissed off I go home re tighten everything, then go for a test drive. Somewhat satisfied, I come back to my house and open the hood and listen and smell for leaks and what now? I smell exhaust in the engine bay. FML. I roast my clutch trying to get my car up my ramps, then what happens? The ramp breaks and the car falls off it. FMLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! No damage from what I saw. So then I proceed to tighten and check AGAIN, find some header bolts a little loose so I tighten them. Then I test again I turn on and smell for fumes and STILL fumes! I go under the car and feel for leaks, and it feels like leaks all over WTFFFFFF!!!!! So pissed off, I said **** it put everything away. So what's the point of the story? Every ****ing time I do something to my car, it's ALWAYS ****ING SOMETHING ELSE!! Something ALWAYS goes wrong, or breaks, and I'm getting SICK of it! So you know what? **** IT! I'm done modding, I can't take it anymore. So that's it. Last 2 mods are over the axel 2.5 (making sure my friend does it) and get my ss/tc struts and shocks and pray something doesn't go wrong and that's it I'm done. I'm done modding. Just gonna drive it, wash it, and look at it. That's it. Tired of this shit. It's either that or have a place install shit.

Last edited by XFE; 11-07-2009 at 03:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ramphex
Trial and error, bro. Get used to it. On top of that, stop being so paranoid.lol sleep it off give it a couple of days and check it again, you'll feel better and once less paranoid will probably not even see all the stuff you find out now, half of it could just be in your head doubting yourself looking for errors.

2010 Cobalt SS: Full Bolt-Ons, tuned. -- Sold.
2014 WW Evo GSR: S/S & Interior Package

Last edited by XFE; 11-07-2009 at 03:47 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
+1... If you enjoy the results when they are right keep at it. I think once you step away for awhile you will feel better about it all.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:00 AM
Forum God

I have said that so many times! and then I get on here and find something new that I would want to do! LOL

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:06 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
Damn bro. Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, give it some time, youll want to put a turbo in in no time lol
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 AM
Forum God

It's wierd that there were leaks everywhere. It happened to me also buy only in one spot. At the curve connection of my Megan. I didn't line it up right and the hole where the bolt goes in was aside abut and you can see the inside of the tube. That's where my leak way. Probably a dumb question but did you get all new bolts and nut for
your connections.? Plus new gaskets?

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Forum Regular

My advice is that when ever something goes wrong as you are working on your car, stop and go have a nap. Everything is better after a nap.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramphex View Post
Trial and error, bro. Get used to it. On top of that, stop being so paranoid.lol sleep it off give it a couple of days and check it again, you'll feel better and once less paranoid will probably not even see all the stuff you find out now, half of it could just be in your head doubting yourself looking for errors.
Dude I felt pulsing air coming out, and smelt exhaust in the engine bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackARCA06 View Post
I have said that so many times! and then I get on here and find something new that I would want to do! LOL
lmao
Quote:
Originally Posted by gCobalt05 View Post
Damn bro. Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, give it some time, youll want to put a turbo in in no time lol
yeah right not after this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by hailcesar75 View Post
It's wierd that there were leaks everywhere. It happened to me also buy only in one spot. At the curve connection of my Megan. I didn't line it up right and the hole where the bolt goes in was aside abut and you can see the inside of the tube. That's where my leak way. Probably a dumb question but did you get all new bolts and nut for
your connections.? Plus new gaskets?
no just a new header to dp gasket and same bolts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_red_SS View Post
My advice is that when ever something goes wrong as you are working on your car, stop and go have a nap. Everything is better after a nap.
I guess so