Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa. last i checked
Email from Bank Tell You It is Closing You Loan
Now I know I am not talking about cars but I felt this should be said. I have noticed that over the past week with many out of work there seem to be this big problem with the banks . When the real problem is it is spam mail.
If you get anything from any bank telling you to go to the web site they have on the email and enter your password an username. DON'T for all they are after is the money in your account.
Here is what I tell everyone to do with this type of emails.
1 Call your bank and ask them if they have send you an email about your bank account. Be nice about it for your bank will not send out emails asking for information about your account(s)
2. Look at the way it is addressed if it dose not have dear (your name) it is not from your bank. For if your bank sent this to you it would have your name on it. Also look if you opened it for mis-spelled word.
4. If a bank need to contact you it will use the phone of send a letter by mail. Not email.
5. Any email asking for your personal information should not be opened. Some will tell you to read the attached file. PLEASE DO NOT OPEN THAT FILE.
For you may end up with more problems then you can think of.
6. If there is a problem with your loan from a bank you will get a phone call for they wont there money. But if they call and you don't know the person on the other end of the phone ask them for a phone number to call them back for you are busy at this time . This way you can check the phone number to make sure it is from your bank.
7. They are also after your personal information this way they can set up an account in your name and you end up with there bill.
8. You can look up your bank online BUT YOU NEED TO TYPE THERE ADDRESS IN YOUR BROWSER DO NOT COPY AND PASTE.
Hope this keep you safe.