Thrills and Spills - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Send a message via MSN to Rocket
Thrills and Spills

Ok, so I'm on another forum for my horsey hobby and they have a thread on there of falls and injuries they've accumulated. Some of them are pretty insane and others pretty damn funny.
I'm sure a lot of us on here have other hobbies (sheesh, even cars can give a beating on our bodies!) what are your thrills and spills? Then maybe if you meet up with a fellow member on here and they walk with a limp you'll know why! LOL

I'll start (I've got a lot with all different sports but here's my worst):

I was kicked in my left knee by a *****y horse
I was trampled for the first time in my 15yrs of dealing with horses two years ago, the horse full on knocked me down and ran over me... no one was around... somehow I got up and was ok... I was just extremely pissed.
I had my 17,000lb horse freak out while standing in the isle slip, push me onto a bench suspending my knee and falling on it. This was my right so now I have two very bad knees.
A week later my young horse flipped out and bucked me off doing permenant damage to my back that doctors refuse to do a ****ing thing about. There's not a day that goes by I don't feel like my spine in one specific spot is going to lunge out of my back. Chiropractics work for maybe a day or two even if I go weekly.
A month after that the same horse got me off again and I am still (this was 2yrs ago) numb in my right ass cheek

I have personally done a face plant into a snow drift cuz my ole reliable mare likes to trip over anything and you betcha... she tripped on a snowdrift.

LOL remind me again why I do this? I can laugh about them all now, sept for my back injury cuz that one could have been prevented but the culprit refuses to take fault.

Does not play well with others.
(10:36:30 AM) Yield2No1: I love how you tell me that knowing the technical side of things is everything
(10:36:43 AM) Yield2No1: Then you tell me that a cobalt TC doesnt have an optional rear diff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Airborne School 1994... 3rd jump... Downdraft...

4 skull fractures
Left leg spun 360 degrees at the knee
total dislocation of left arm
dislocation of jaw
spinal compression
3 lost teeth

1 lost career...

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 11:56 AM
Expert

Garage
sorry Will... Sounds like you need more PLF practice... AIRBORNE!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I was kicked in my left knee by a *****y horse
I was trampled for the first time in my 15yrs of dealing with horses two years ago, the horse full on knocked me down and ran over me... no one was around... somehow I got up and was ok... I was just extremely pissed.
I had my 17,000lb horse freak out while standing in the isle slip, push me onto a bench suspending my knee and falling on it. This was my right so now I have two very bad knees.
A week later my young horse flipped out and bucked me off doing permenant damage to my back that doctors refuse to do a ****ing thing about. There's not a day that goes by I don't feel like my spine in one specific spot is going to lunge out of my back. Chiropractics work for maybe a day or two even if I go weekly.
A month after that the same horse got me off again and I am still (this was 2yrs ago) numb in my right ass cheek

I have personally done a face plant into a snow drift cuz my ole reliable mare likes to trip over anything and you betcha... she tripped on a snowdrift.

LOL remind me again why I do this? I can laugh about them all now, sept for my back injury cuz that one could have been prevented but the culprit refuses to take fault.
You must really love horses. I think I would start shooting them after all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killarowa View Post
sorry Will... Sounds like you need more PLF practice... AIRBORNE!
I must admit they were not full of shit... Solid PLF saved my life. It was strange cause usually the atmosphere is very stable for jumping on the Sicily DZ. I guess nature can be a ***** sometimes. A downdraft can hammer you anytime it wants.

Yes, having complete all training I still got my wings. They brought them to me in the hospital. I thought it was a "we feel bad for you" thing, until I saw it on my DD214. I am proud, and would do it again, but being the 6th generation in my family to serve it was a hard loss.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 12:32 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will mpg View Post
You must really love horses. I think I would start shooting them after all that.

I must admit they were not full of shit... Solid PLF saved my life. It was strange cause usually the atmosphere is very stable for jumping on the Sicily DZ. I guess nature can be a ***** sometimes. A downdraft can hammer you anytime it wants.

Yes, having complete all training I still got my wings. They brought them to me in the hospital. I thought it was a "we feel bad for you" thing, until I saw it on my DD214. I am proud, and would do it again, but being the 6th generation in my family to serve it was a hard loss.
damn man.. that sucks...

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Send a message via MSN to Rocket
Damn will that sucks!

On a lighter note, I went skiing once with the my elementary school. Me and my best friend decided to "race" down the beginner but big hill to the chair lifts. I was far from a good skier. Oh we raced.... but she beat me... I got my revenge by being unable to stop and plowed through her and 4 other people in the chairlift line Everyone ended up on their ass LOL

Does not play well with others.
(10:36:30 AM) Yield2No1: I love how you tell me that knowing the technical side of things is everything
(10:36:43 AM) Yield2No1: Then you tell me that a cobalt TC doesnt have an optional rear diff
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via MSN to droflakcin Send a message via Yahoo to droflakcin
a few years back, i went snowboarding for the first time ever.. my best friend had gone a few times before so he was good at it. i got the hang of it pretty quick... that is untill he decides to take me up to the tallest black diamond hill...at dark....when it was foggy. lets just say my A** was cold and numb by the time i got to the bottom... i slid almost three quarters of the way down on my butt and he however, decided to keep going and proceed to grab some hot chocolate from the cafe and wait for me while he was in the nice warm building... i get down to the bottom and see him in the window laughing his a** off.. he's a reeaal McA******...

2005 Chevy Cobalt LS

I like constructive criticism.
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...tml#post321632
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 03:38 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Age 7-8, coming down a 4-500ft mid grade hill (paved) at full speed on a bike, at the bottom there were was very fine gravel laid out with about 30ft from where the hill becomes flat and a chain link fence that protects a lake. I tried taking a turn doing 30-35 and lost it on the gravel and slid on my stomach/hands/face all the way into the fence . Road rash all over, all clothes ripped to shreds and me looking like a bloody zombie.

Age 7-8 as well, racing bikes again, this time with my bro. He was behind of me, I look back to see where he is. I turn my head back and the sidewalk ends and I go headfirst into a 6-8ft tall iron fence. My head slides clean through in between 2 posts (thank god) and I didn't break my collar bone or somehow rip my ears off. It took about 20 mins to get my head out of that fence . It was extremely tight.

Bikes again- 6 stitches on my left knee from hitting the worlds biggest pothole on an uphill race.
2 chipped front teeth from stunting and losing it falling and hitting my mouth on the bike frame.

Skiing- Kid cuts me off 5ft in front of a 10ft high jump and I land on my knees on bare ice, no fractures or breaks though- major bruising for weeks.

Thats the worst so far, no bone breaks or fractures so far- though I do believe I just fractured a finger a month ago since it still snaps hard when I put any pressure on it and hurts like a mofo .

Will that sounds really ugly, thats too bad.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^

Last edited by NitroheadZ28; 01-07-2010 at 03:40 PM.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 03:43 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

driving - rear bumper, tail light, front lip, h/e pump, brake rotors and pads, end links, an entire black 06 cobalt ss/sc g85(totaled)

skateboarding - broken ankle, broken jaw, broken palm, broken heel, broken femur

hardcore shows way back when - broken thumb, broken nose, broken fingers, broken rib

I've broken a lot of shit.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Let see-

6- Car crash with my dad, fracture my orbital bone, break my nose, fractured jaw, 6 broken or knocked out teeth, 3 broken ribs, two blown out knees, broken foot and sprained ankle

12- Fractured vertebrate playing minor hockey, hit from behind into boards

14- Snowboarding blew my right knee out again when getting off a chairlift because some asian ran into me and my right leg got bent about 120*

18- My doctor made a mistake during an endoscopy leaving me with a hole in my colon...was apparently less than 12 hours away from death when it got repaired leaving me with my longest hospital stay of just under a month

I feel like I have been fairly unlucky so far in life, and there is a few more minor broken wrists and fingers but that didn't compare to that stuff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode