Ah, Love Them Sheriffs - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Ah, Love Them Sheriffs

Well I took the balt to work today because it said it was going to be almost 50 out and I wanted to drive something with power, a sweet smell(exhaust) and a nice exhaust note. So it was 16 degree's this morning which meant taking it easy, which I normally do. But when I got out of work a few ago it was gorgeous, cool but nice. So anyway, I get to a red light and am in the turning lane to head down the HWY to turn onto my road. Across at the other light is a Sheriffs cruiser, I get the turn arrow so I get going, I do not take it easy but I do not go nuts(he cannot do jack about me getting up to speed in a brisk pace) and so I get up to 55-58mph and get over into the right lane to get ready to turn. Make my turn off and hammer it down and get up to 60 quickly, and let off cause that is speeding on my road and as I slow down to make my next turn I see a Sheriffs truck going down my road. Think nothing of it and I see the sheriff eyeballing me from his side mirror and he is talking on the radio or talking to himself. He starts to slow so I stay a good distance behind, after all, I am just trying to get home. He than turns on his directional to turn into this lil' business place so I slow and he pulls in but aims the truck to be ready to come back out, "yea, go figure!" I say to myself and pass by as he pulls out behind me. I come to an almost complete stop to go over the RR tracks and get moving again. Go past my neighbors and wave to one of them and he remains behind and I flip on my directional and pull into my driveway and he slowly goes past and is like , like I do not live there. So Because I took my cobalt I moved my cavalier over a spot which is my moms spot so after I part coby in the garage I start up the cavy and instead of just moving it and not letting it warm up I decide I well just go around the block. So after the car has kinda run abit I take off. I exit my driveway and down the road is the Sheriff truck, half on and off the road just sitting there. I went the opposite way and I come around to where he was sitting and he is gone. So I make the right onto my road and approach my house and there is a Sheriff car infront, half on and half off the road of my house and the truck is in my driveway.

I pull up with my directional on and stop, looking at the sheriff who was driving the car like "wtf" and he yells to his buddy that someone wants to pull in, so he moves up the driveway alittle and I pull in and I go to just drive across the side of the lawn to go around but he gets out yelling "not so fast boy." So I stop and get out immediately(no one is telling me to "not so fast" on my property especially if I have not done shit) and I say "what is the problem here?"

Do you live here, he asks
ugh yea, that would why I pulled in and was going to go around so I could park my car in MY driveway
Who owns the yellow car, he asks
I do? Is there a problem?
Where is it? he asks
Where it belongs, in my garage.
So the car is yours? Who owns that car, he points to the cavalier
Ugh, that would be me aswell, what is the problem here, I ask
What about all these other cars/trucks outback? he asks
Ugh, since you already know this is my place cause you have run my tags I am sure, you would know this is also the residence of my parents and all them cars/trucks would be theirs, so what is the problem here? I say
We've had complaints of a yellow car running amock and yours fit the discription, he says, which was BS, I dont have to be a cop to tell a lie
Oh, yea well I am not the only yellow car around here, there are hundreds. mine does stick out abit I admit but as far as running "amock" the car is not driven awhole lot. Its my "toy" that comes out on nice days or to go to car shows or track days where running "amock" is perfectly legal.

The sheriff that drove the car chuckles and than the other one chills. And than says they were just looking into it and since one officer said some yellow car(which I admitted was mine) tore up HWY74 toward monroe and blah blah and I told 'em it was me but I sure as heck was not burning rubber. I said I merely took off briskly and nothing more like many people do all day long. And added I guess I should get ready to be harassed yet again by sheriffs, troopers and yada yada like I was for the first year and a half I had my car and they said, nah, just be smart and whatever the idiot troopers do is not cause of them. They than asked if they could look at the car so I said alright "pretty sweet" sums up what they thought

just thought I'd share

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page

Last edited by Beamer; 01-11-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 PM
Veteran

i hate cops.

NEW-http://youtu.be/0W6uc3t4V1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-1xzqyKBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by that07balt View Post
i'm not gay.. i'm just awesome
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
why?

I really do not have a problem with them, I respect what they do, I do not group them all into one conculsion like some people. You have your a holes and you have your cool ones. I know a few of them, its just never them I run into in situations like this, probably because the ones i know see me and think nothing of it. I worked at a bowling alley and got o know a good bit of them cause they would come by and check on things and joke around with us and be like any other person.

This is not a I HATE COPS thread, just telling an encounter I had that turned out positive. I love the police, even after having one pull me over at gun point and telling to "get on your effin face." Or the other time I was cuffed and thrown into my own car. Both times I was mistaken for someone who obviously did something bad lol

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:40 PM
Veteran

there are a few that im good with,one actually works part time at my uncles wrecker service. but most around here are a bunch of jackasses.

NEW-http://youtu.be/0W6uc3t4V1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-1xzqyKBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by that07balt View Post
i'm not gay.. i'm just awesome
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
yea, gotta enjoy the jackasses. Only realy jackass cops here are Charlotte/Mec and troopers.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 PM
Contributor

My friend got pullled over for speeding up real fast to the speed limit and so he gave a ticket for reckless endangerment
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Forum Regular

Wait till you have had guns and dogs drawn on you for warming up your girlfriends car before she gets out of work.

Thats a nice little wake me up in the afternoon.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:46 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to FullmetalCobalt
woooooww thats hilarious.. he got all hyped up cause he thought he caught a street racer and was DENIED!!!!

AEM CAI|Ultimate Racing 3" Test Pipe| resonator delete| HKS SSQV 3 BOV| Cobb Turbo Inlet Pipe| 8000k HID| 15% tint all around| Tanabe Tower Strut Bar| PT-Performance Kicker Mount
Really? this seriously happened? o_O
my sexy interior!!!
More pics of the sexy!
The rims i want!
My Facebook
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
well i was not speeding up real fast, it was a brisk speed up. I know they can get you if I was too just take off like I was trying to a new record at the strip but I was not even close to that pace lol

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Contributor

Garage
Send a message via AIM to FullmetalCobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon300zx View Post
Wait till you have had guns and dogs drawn on you for warming up your girlfriends car before she gets out of work.

Thats a nice little wake me up in the afternoon.
wow seriously?? that's f'd up like some shiznat!!!

AEM CAI|Ultimate Racing 3" Test Pipe| resonator delete| HKS SSQV 3 BOV| Cobb Turbo Inlet Pipe| 8000k HID| 15% tint all around| Tanabe Tower Strut Bar| PT-Performance Kicker Mount
Really? this seriously happened? o_O
my sexy interior!!!
More pics of the sexy!
The rims i want!
My Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode