Don't Order from Dell........ - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Don't Order from Dell........

Just don't do it.

I am a network engineer, responsible for ordering over $250K of equipment from dell last year as a dell channel partner mind you, and I can tell you first hand over the last three months dell has gone from being a bad company to deal with to being an OMFG Are you really this stupid, horrible, and hateful of your customers that you would provide worse customer service than the federal goverment kind of company.

Started with a Nest business day warranty repair that took over a month to get fixed and I am still dealing with their technicians/reps on over two months after the fact.

Then a server that i ordered was supposed to be shipped by the first of the year, two weeks into the year they just shipped it today, they overnight shipped it but requested a future delivery date of next week (so paid for overnight shipping but requested it not be delivered till over a week later) when they have already put me behind schedule by 2 weeks.......

Then Another Laptop I had ordered through their fast track system (the one where it is already built and ready to be shipped) that they gaurantee you will have the next business day after you order took 14 days to arrive.....

Don't order from dell.

I don't know if they just don't care about their customers anymore or if they can't afford to buy parts and ship them and are running out of money.

But either way, buying dell for anything, will cause you to regret your actions........

I am not th eonly one having these problems either many of my friends at other companies are having the same issues right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Forum God

Wow. I'm regretting my laptop from them 2 years ago. Had a problem, called them and they said since my laptop was out of warrant, I had to pay $60 just to talk to someone about the problem

Dropped Carbon Fiber SS, Project JDM

post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

if you are still having a problem with it, pm me.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Forum Regular

I own my own computer business and also work for a large company fixing and networking computers. The business uses IBM Lenovo Desktops and Laptops which rarely have problems. Most computers I fix for people that come to me are Dell's and let me tell you almost all of them have problems. It is because they put together the computer for so cheap and the computer parts used inside are garbage which is why they can sell them for so cheap. Dell used to be good years ago but once they got big they just started to throw together computers with the cheapest parts they could find.

My Car is For Sale! --> https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/sal...-miles-nj.html

if i don't answer you e-mail me [email protected]
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:30 AM
Contributor

I'm reading this post on a Dell laptop

Shorty Antenna, Painted Calipers, SAI K&N Intake, B&G Lowering Springs, FE5 Shocks and Struts, Moog End Links, Moog Tie Rod Ends, Polk Audio DXi650 Speakers - front and back.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
So, I am looking to buy my wife a new computer for her Wedding Photography Business. What would you recommend instead of the Dell she has now?

--Sorry to threadjack, but I thought it was relevant...

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributor

I have the new apple labtop and I love it. ill recommend
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

I am on a dell laptop now but i got it for free.

When it comes to laptops I only buy toshiba laptops myself, I will never spend money on any other brand laptop.

When it comes to desktops I build it myself or buy business grade HP systems.. But I build it myself 99% of the time.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Sounds good, but I would like to stick with PC.

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:34 AM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will mpg View Post
So, I am looking to buy my wife a new computer for her Wedding Photography Business. What would you recommend instead of the Dell she has now?

--Sorry to threadjack, but I thought it was relevant...
http://lenovo.com/us/en/index.html

If it's business for sure Lenovo. Not sure what the OP is going to say but i've worked at a computer store. also staples as the head IT tech guy and now own my own computer business and also work for a large company. I also manage to work the weekends doing another job also...

Lenovo hands down for business or personal use.

However for photography and use with photoshop maybe a mac would be better. I hate to say that b/c I do not like apples but unfortunately it's true and mac is better than pc for that unless you blow a bunch of money into a pc and custom build it.

My Car is For Sale! --> https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/sal...-miles-nj.html

if i don't answer you e-mail me [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode