I've F'd Up Big Time... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to G5Steven
I've F'd Up Big Time...

The Optima I got on Saturday, I signed the paperwork, I'm happy, driving it for four days.

Kia Calls me up today says there is a problem, I just got there around 8pm, I'm tired, haven't had much sleep cause of work, and today was a pain in the but... they tell me I got to do a voluntary repo of the G5 for me to keep the optima and the payment at what it should be.

again I was tired, wasn't understanding what they said, but I signed new paperwork...

I just got done telling my girlfriend, and now I gotta figure out a way to get my G5 Back... It's tearing me up, I dunno what to do. I don't want a voluntary repo, but I want this car, but it means what they can't get from it at auction, I gotta pay for from what I heard...

Help please... advice or something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Miss_Cobaltous2
ummm....rip up the contract that you signed :(
idk what to tell you except talk to them.....or decide which car you REALLY need
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
Quote:
Originally Posted by G5Steven View Post
The Optima I got on Saturday, I signed the paperwork, I'm happy, driving it for four days.

Kia Calls me up today says there is a problem, I just got there around 8pm, I'm tired, haven't had much sleep cause of work, and today was a pain in the but... they tell me I got to do a voluntary repo of the G5 for me to keep the optima and the payment at what it should be.

again I was tired, wasn't understanding what they said, but I signed new paperwork...

I just got done telling my girlfriend, and now I gotta figure out a way to get my G5 Back... It's tearing me up, I dunno what to do. I don't want a voluntary repo, but I want this car, but it means what they can't get from it at auction, I gotta pay for from what I heard...

Help please... advice or something
ok can you explain that in simpilar terms?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Newcomer

Garage
Hide the G5 in the woods and cover it with leaves.

/problem solved

-Trey; 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS/SC; Gulf Coast ECOtecs Guru
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
it sounds like unfortunately once you signed the legal document your kind of bound into the terms, now an effort to whomever initiated this contract for whatever your reason probably is your best bet, other than that go to them and check over the contract for any loop-holes or such, maybe give it to a lawyer friend they can always find stuff in contracts to get them torn up

post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Veteran

If you already signed a binding contract then they can't do shit
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 09:12 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Something is not add up . Why would you be able to have a car for four day before you gat a call from them telling you there is a problem. Sounds like they need a little looking into.

Last edited by fstcvyclbrd; 01-12-2010 at 09:17 PM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fstcvyclbrd View Post
Something is not add up . Why would you be able to have a car for four day before you gat a call from them telling you there is a problem. Sounds like they need a little looking into.
happened to me with my Marauder and when I got my FIRST cobalt. Had the cobalt for almost 3 days, got a call saying I could to come back in. I turned out giving them the car back and leaving with what i traded. The Marauder, I got the car, everything was fine than 13 days later I was back at the dealer tearing them a new hole and leaving with my trade in. Both dealers though being ****s tried everything they could to keep me in each car at the time but could not so that is why it took so long for them to get ahold of me. This though, sounds pretty wierd to me, never, ever heard of a dealer asking its business to willingly go ahead and have a set up repo. Maybe its a foreign car thing lol. I would look for advice via lawyer or someone who knows this stuff cause it sounds very strange. You signed a contract they made, THEY, not you, have to bind to it or give you back your G5 and take their korean pos back.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page

Last edited by Beamer; 01-13-2010 at 05:55 AM.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 AM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerForum God

Garage
Send a message via MSN to lobalt
Hmm... first off, where was the g5 financed?
i handle repos for a financial institution, weither voluntary or involuntary & that just doesnt make sence to me. what did you sign? a release form? are you past due in any way on the loan? the way we work is if you pay current & pay any repo expenses w/in a set amount of time, you get ur car back. W/ us its 10 business days... and that's BEFORE we even send it to auction & if its @ the auction b4 the 10 days are up, you can still go pick it up. I just dont get it... if you dont get the g5 back, it'll still go against ur credit, it just will be reported as a voluntary repo... im still kinda confuzed tho. If you have it financed thru the dealership or something like that, then idk, they must have their own strange policy.

Christy // 2008 HHR SS // instagram: cjay117
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-13-2010, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to G5Steven
the kia is gone, and I'm back in the G5, I'll update ya'll later on what happened... I gotta go do some errands first with insurance, and tag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode