Cobalt Street Racing Kills 5 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 10:33 AM Thread Starter
Expert

Garage
Cobalt Street Racing Kills 5

I thought id post this story up for ppl that havent seen it, since i just read a thread of someone racing w/ his girlfriend in the car. First id like to point out that i street race, i watch street racing on the weekend, and am in no way giving the "street racing FTL" bullshit. Im simply making it come to ppls attention that street w/ passengers in the car, especially ppl close to u, is ignorant as hell.

Story 1 (Brandon Lee Ferguson):

CONROE, Texas (Map, News) -
A southeast Texas jury has sentenced a 23-year-old man to 15 years in prison for manslaughter in the deaths of five people in a January 2009 traffic accident.

Authorities say Brandon Lee Ferguson of Pinehurst was speeding at 117 mph down Texas 249 in Montgomery County, north of Houston, when his car slammed into a van. Killed in the fiery crash were the husband, parents and uncle of the van's driver, Karla Sexton. Also killed was Ferguson's lone passenger, 18-year-old girlfriend Kayla Pratorius of Magnolia.

The jury took 30 minutes Thursday to find Ferguson guilty of five counts of manslaughter, as well as one of aggravated assault relating to injuries to Sexton, of Broken Arrow, Okla. The same jury sentenced Ferguson on Friday. He could have received a 20-year prison term under the law.

Story 2 (Brandon Lee Ferguson):

(Conroe) -- Jurors took only 30-minutes to find a man guilty in 5 street racing deaths, after getting a look at the mangled car that wiped out a family.

Jurors were led outside the courthouse, where a flatbed wrecker was parked with a modified Chevy Cobalt racing car that was driven by Brandon Lee Ferguson, 23, one year ago.

Accident investigators say he was racing a motorcycle at 135 miles an hour when his race car slammed into the side of a van, carrying a family of volunteers who worked tirelessly to build churches in their final days. The crash also killed his girlfriend in his own passenger seat.

07 Laser Blue LT Sedan
My Car Domain:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3805600
4 Doors = More Whores
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
and this is why we don't race

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camopaint0707 View Post
and this is why we don't race
I agree, I feel very lucky that I never hurt anyone when I was younger because I used to drive like a stupid fool in my late teens early twenties.

Injen CAI/SRI Intake/2.25" Custom Catback Exhaust/Eibach Sportline Springs/17" Drag Concept Rim/ARK Shorty Antenna/Black Out Tail Lights, Side Markers, 3rd Break Light
2006 Black LS
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Everyone does it when they're young, some people don't grow out of it. Everyone has done it at some point or another. There will always be people racing.

/ of story.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllscnd970 View Post
and am in no way giving the "street racing FTL" bullshit. Im simply making it come to ppls attention that street w/ passengers in the car, especially ppl close to u, is ignorant as hell.
OK, so say no one close to you is in the car.... What about them if you get yourself killed, yeah, it's your life, but it's theirs too. I don't care who you are. SOMEONE loves you, and values your life.

This is especially true if you are married, or have children.

Why not take it to a track?

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 02:53 PM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will mpg View Post
OK, so say no one close to you is in the car.... What about them if you get yourself killed, yeah, it's your life, but it's theirs too. I don't care who you are. SOMEONE loves you, and values your life.

This is especially true if you are married, or have children.

Why not take it to a track?
what if you be the punisher like in your avatar lol oh but wait even he has old cop and military buddies, idk just felt like randomly sharing, getting in the way and making a big mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltxfe09 View Post
:bangs****ingheadagainstthewall: :throwshandsupindisgust: i give up...lol
this is when mike decided to give up his balt ^^

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Cobalt_Universe/index/
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
My point is that your life is not just yours. What you do to and with yourself effects others.

It took me a long time to learn that there is nothing worse than dying for something totally stupid, to end up a wasted life.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Expert

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to golfin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbllscnd970 View Post
I thought id post this story up for ppl that havent seen it, since i just read a thread of someone racing w/ his girlfriend in the car. First id like to point out that i street race, i watch street racing on the weekend, and am in no way giving the "street racing FTL" bullshit. Im simply making it come to ppls attention that street w/ passengers in the car, especially ppl close to u, is ignorant as hell.
I gotta agree with will, I'm not here to flame you its just to point out that yeah its dumb to put other peoples lives at risk by them being in your car cause you will affect their family and such, but its just as bad if you kill yourself. your affecting so many peoples lives...honestly that is why I think suicide is the most selfish thing you can do, but just getting in my .02 cents

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:09 PM
Expert

Garage
i know and see your point and it is a very good one in my opinion, i just wanted to like i said, get in the way and make a big mess, sorry if i took any seriousness away from what you were trying to say, but i do agree with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltxfe09 View Post
:bangs****ingheadagainstthewall: :throwshandsupindisgust: i give up...lol
this is when mike decided to give up his balt ^^

http://s4.zetaboards.com/Cobalt_Universe/index/
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Forum Regular

what Will had to say is the truth. someone somewhere loves you and if you race even if no one is around you it could end up hurting you or killing you. Also even if ur racing another car chances are one mistake could take out you and a whole lot of other people even though you may think your only about to kill yourself in the worst case senario which isn't true.

My Car is For Sale! --> https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/sal...-miles-nj.html

if i don't answer you e-mail me [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode