Here's My Question - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to true_fiction Send a message via MSN to true_fiction
Here's My Question

BUNDERSTAND I DO NOT want this to become a fight! I am asking for the answer to this question: I want to go into the millitary to be a helicoptor mechanic. which branch of the military would pay the most for such a position?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3224281
--------------------------------------
Zenn Works 2.5" rear lowering springs
Zenn Works 2" front lowering springs
Blackout headlights
Blackout taillights
B&M shiftplus
Custom 2.5" aluminized steal exhaust tubing w/o cat
Magniflow straight flow muffler
Custom chrome polished exdhaust tip
K&N hi-flow filter
Custom Paint (Darker than stock with more metallic flake)
20% back & c pillar tint
35% side tint
16" Osaka rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to GBALT05
google is your friend.

and i have no answer for you lol
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 07:18 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
ALL branches of military pay the same, however each branch has their own helicopters. If you want to be a lift mechanic(Blackhawks, Chinooks, and Sea Knights) all branches have those. If you want attack(Apaches, Cobras, and Kiowas) Army and Marines. However you do not get to choose right off the bat for the Marines, they choose the job for you, so you may get infantry.

Again, all branches pay the same you will not get more or less money for any job due to a different service, other wise everyone would be trying to get into the best paying service, it is the unwritten benefits that make one more desirable to a person. If you really want more money go into the Army as they deploy more and longer(good for single people), if you are married, I would recommend the Air Force as they do not deploy as much.

I am a Army OH-58D Kiowa mechanic and have 36 months deployed in 12 month stretches since Jan 2003.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Not justice...Punishment
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
ALL branches of military pay the same, however each branch has their own helicopters. If you want to be a lift mechanic(Blackhawks, Chinooks, and Sea Knights) all branches have those. If you want attack(Apaches, Cobras, and Kiowas) Army and Marines. However you do not get to choose right off the bat for the Marines, they choose the job for you, so you may get infantry.

Again, all branches pay the same you will not get more or less money for any job due to a different service, other wise everyone would be trying to get into the best paying service, it is the unwritten benefits that make one more desirable to a person. If you really want more money go into the Army as they deploy more and longer(good for single people), if you are married, I would recommend the Air Force as they do not deploy as much.

I am a Army OH-58D Kiowa mechanic and have 36 months deployed in 12 month stretches since Jan 2003.
Exactly correct!!! Also note that there are far fewer attack helicopters in the Marines, which means far fewer pilots. If you want to pilot an attack helicopter the Army is your best bet.

Our men an women in uniform, along with veterans, are appreciated on this forum very much. I do not think you have to worry about a fight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode