Anyone Know if These Are Good Subs? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Anyone Know if These Are Good Subs?

I'm looking to get a set of these and i just wanted to know if anyone knew if they were good or not....

thanks

Absolute PRO1800 - 12" Car Subwoofer - Sonic Electronix

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD, you always want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.
I purposely down shift when i pass a prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:19 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
id get refurbished alpine type r's off ebay before those and pay $120 a piece.. im always skeptical on off-brand stuff like that

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:24 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
id get refurbished alpine type r's off ebay before those and pay $120 a piece.. im always skeptical on off-brand stuff like that
well for new ones that price i mean they look good i just wanted to know if anyone had had any experience with them.

Nitrous is like a hot girl with an STD, you always want to hit it but are afraid of the consequences.
I purposely down shift when i pass a prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Forum God

they look cheap....sorry but I wouldn't trust a brand like that. I've never even heard about them...go for brand name stuff with proper warranty. eBay is your best bet. The RMS is not even that great...you can get a brand name sub with similar power for around the same price, why would you go with that no-name brand?

Hell you could get a kicker for the SAME price on that website....Personally not a big fan of kicker (not much experience with them). I would go a little more expensive and get either a pioneer or alpine from that site...price difference is small but quality difference will be large I'm sure.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)

Last edited by BboyTaktix; 12-12-2010 at 03:26 PM.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 03:34 PM
Contributor

^ this

2010 cobalt SS/TC
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 03:54 PM
Contributor

i got 2 12" kicker comps off of that site for i believe $67 a piece

best bang for the buck

#Winning
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 04:38 PM
Forum God

You can get much better subs for that price
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Contributor

my buddy has an absolute amp and its pretty legit...not to sure on the speakers but i know that sonic usually backs what they sell..at least they backed his amp...

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

although you could find some with better RMS wattage....thats only 350 watts RMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
no b to b's when you're in the v and the a.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Get Out The Sawzall
Staff AlumniCobalt Master

Garage
Dont know much about them except for they started out with making dj equipment, Absolute audio has been both at Sema and CES the last few years, and they have a really nice booth. As far as quality who knows, these days the whole industry is in the shitter, companies have all lost an extreme amount of business and everything is made over seas now, the days of Rockford, Jl, kicker, soundstream, and all the other great former companies are gone. I would say like everyone else go brand name but these days I do so much warranty work work for so-called great companies that anymore I say it is all the same.

And i also disagree (IMO) with the fact that 350 RMS is not allot of power, if these subs will handle 350 RMS a piece and you have an amp that in any configuration will output 350 RMS to each sub it is all you will ever need in your balt.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerExpert

I have a single 12 inch alpine type r running on 600 watts rms, and I'm hitting 126 db without any distortion. Quality, not quantity. Stick with reputable brands and you will not be disappointed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode