Anybody Tried the Best... - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Anybody Tried the Best...

I asked if I could post a thread about the SIM racing game IRacing and nobody answered me so if I get banned for writing this - it will not be warranted as I did ask.

Topic: IRacing (www.iracing.com)

I am a member of this hot new on-line SIM called IRacing. I do not work for or am I affiliated in anyway other than being a subscribed member of the IRacing community. Wanted to get some feedback on whether you Cobalt / G5 / Cruze guys and gals have ever heard of IRacing. I joined back in October and I have played at least 1 race every day since. It is very, very addicting due to the realism, the community, the fun, etc, etc, etc. I am writing this as for every 4 people that I refer to IRacing (4 only allowed per year) I receive a $10.00 IRacing credit which can be used to purchase on-line content such as cars and tracks as I move up through the licensing system that IRacing has in place. I am not in anyway soliciting any money from anyone in any way. I would like to ask the YourCobalt members to check IRacing out - you will not regret it. If you should decide to purchase a trial membership to check it out all I ask is that you use my email address when asked who or how you were referred to IRacing. Like I said earlier, I am only allowed 4 referrals per year. Just as this is a community where friends are made, why can we not carry these new friendships over to the IRacing community. I would like to see a section on YourCobalt just for IRacing discussions. In my request to YourCobalt regarding starting a thread about this I even suggested that they contact IRacing for sponsorship therefore possibly increasing YourCobalt revenue. Maybe they are in the process??? Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read and please do check out IRacing - it is fun

My email address is [email protected]

V-Red 09' Cobalt 2.2 Sedan
K&N Typhoon SRI, Silencer gone, Side Mouldings gone, De-Badged rear, Red Calipers, Black Drums, 17% Tint, GM Bowtie Tip, Stealth Front Turns, LED tails, 18" SS rims with GY Eagle GT rubber.

Last edited by Rubberdude88; 12-12-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Forum God

Garage
iracing? is it free to play?

R.I.P. :(

Hello
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
I checked the site out and watched some vids and thats flipping awesome!!!!!!!!!! Man the Jetta TDI Championship race they had up there- the physics were so real, awesome. Also saw the vid documenting the top iRacers getting a shot to be sponsored drivers for VW, pretty inspirational..

I just wish I had the pc, gear, and cash for the membership to race.

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
No takers at all This racing sim is the best out there. Now over 30,000 members and growing. Check it out guys and girls - you can get just a 3 month membership and it comes with everything you need to start your IRacing career except for the hardware. I use the Driving Force GT wheel and pedals but any will do. It will improve your real-life skills if you take your Cobalt to the track as well.

Anyway, love this forum - on almost every day learning new things that I can apply to my Cobalt. Thanks to everyone.

V-Red 09' Cobalt 2.2 Sedan
K&N Typhoon SRI, Silencer gone, Side Mouldings gone, De-Badged rear, Red Calipers, Black Drums, 17% Tint, GM Bowtie Tip, Stealth Front Turns, LED tails, 18" SS rims with GY Eagle GT rubber.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 04:55 PM
YourCobalt of the Month WinnerCobalt Master

its a nascar thing???

Just call me Mr.June____________________Flat Broke Mafia Member#2
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Veteran

Garage
No it has multiple racing series in it.....

Mods:
Aeroforce Interceptor gauge, Eibach Sportlines, De-badged, 140 mph White Face Gauge Cluster, Silver Star Ultra Headlights, Injen CAI, CF Dash Trim, 5 Spoke Rims, Eibach 25mm Rear Sway bar, SS Upper Grille, Painted Black Bowtie, DC Sports Carbon Strut Bar, Injen Hydro-shield, Emergency Brake Boot, Blue Powdercoated Valve Cover, Black Dash & Center Council, Tsudo Catback, ZZP Downpipe.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
heard of it awhile back and seen some stuff on it, looks amazing, want to check it out but my laptop I doubt can handle it. Maybe down the road when I have the money to get a nice computer setup.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode