YC - NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Zero Force Cycling Team - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 06:51 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

YC - NEED YOUR SUPPORT! Zero Force Cycling Team

Dear members of YourCobalt,

I have a younger brother who just turned 19. His name is Drew Steeves. He is always looking for ways to 'change the world' and to be a part of something exciting. This summer, he has really planned something great. He has spent months organizing a bike trip across Canada, from Vancouver BC to Halfax, Nova Scotia. He began the initiative in hopes of raising $150,000 for the child soldier initiative in order to help put an end to children being used as weapons. Him and 2 other guys will be making the 7500km bike trip across Canada. The trip will take about 3 months. He left a week ago for Vancouver by plane. They stayed in Vancouver for a few days and held some fundraising events, and spoke at some schools. Yesterday, he texted me that they were in Kelowna, BC.

It would really mean a lot to you all if you would check out his website. He organized the entire thing (with help from a few friends) all on his own. Wether you can donate or not, even if it's $5 or $10, every bit helps. Even taking the time to read his site is much appreciated. He also has a video up.

Zero Force Cycling Team - Child Soldiers Initiative

Wether you are Canadian or not, the cause is a good one, and I really appreciate all of your support as YC members. I think what my brother is doing is amazing, and just though I would share it with you all.

***UPDATE JULY 11 2011***

My brother was in Thunder Bay yesterday. They made it this far already! They should be on their way to Helmo, Ontario today. So far they have raised just over $22,000 but they STILL NEED YOUR HELP!!! if anyone would like to donate to the cause, it would be much appreciated! Remember: tax receipts for donations over $20. They had a couple of tough times the past few weeks, including many flat tires and a broken wheel, but they pushed on.

Here's a pic he took from lake louise earlier on in their trip:

and before anyone asks, no I have no idea who the lady is walking and I doubt my brother does lol.

I'll try to update more frequently, but since I've been away for business in the US, I haven't heard from my brother directly, just every so often get news from my parents.

thanks again YC!!!

**UPDATES 29 JULY**

I saw my brother and his team for the FIRST TIME in 2 months last night. They arrived in St.Lazare, Quebec (where we live, JUST outside of Montreal) around 8:00 PM. They were sweaty as hell! we had steaks and beer ready for them, and a nice cold pool for them to jump in too! I heard lots of awesome stories about their trip. They are in Montreal for 3 days, and then continue their trip. They will be finishing in Halifax in a couple of weeks. I snapped some shots as well

the first, third and fourth guy are the ones cycling across Canada. The second guy is a friend who came along for the trip from Ottawa to St.lazare/Montreal.

There were also a ton of articles on them, here's one I took a pic of this morning:

They were also on Canada AM Monday morning: (they are at 8 minutes and 43 seconds)

http://www.ctv.ca/canadaAMPlayer/ind...l?video=506076

Also on a morning show in Ottawa:

http://youtu.be/zVOsSMsAzlY

here is their Facebook page where you can get updates and stories about their trip:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zero-F...35291689875002

PLEASE LIKE THEIR PAGE!!! thanks guys!

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)

Last edited by BboyTaktix; 07-29-2011 at 06:13 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Contributor

Garage
Props to your brother.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Forum God

BuMp

BboyTaktix
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-11-2011, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

bump with new updates

BboyTaktix
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-29-2011, 06:14 AM Thread Starter
Forum God

Bump for updates july 29th!!

BboyTaktix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Tags
zero force cycling team

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode