Sounding Stupid at School. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Sounding Stupid at School.

So im kind of in a dilemma here. I go to a private school I am a senior. I know my fair share about cars and the kids here do not know a DAMN thing about cars. IE: "hey is your cobalt a v4 or a v6?" I answer it saying oh my god your a dumbass. Then someone will ask me a question about like "what would win in a race a 2000 mustang or a 2000 camaro?" these kids being dumb i cant say well an LS1 will mop a 4.6 all day. I have to say it depends on the motor. v8 or v6 cars. So it makes me sound like im retarded. Im actually afraid im gonna run across some douche bag that actually knows a thing or two about this stuff and overhear me explaining this to these kids and he will just school me and make me seem stupid. I might just be paranoid about it but does anyone else have this damn problem? Im apparently the guy to ask about cars at school and i dont want to sound like i dont know anything. Actually i might just be venting this all out lol.

MOD's K&N Typhoon, H&R sport springs, Fe5 Shocks and Struts, Pacesetter Header, ZZP Catless Down pipe, Tsudo N1 Catback, #34 Injectors, B&M Shift plus, 8000k Low beams...

Still slow as Piss!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Lol I wouldn't worry about it.

You know what you know, and someone always knows more. As long as you kindly explain and don't come across like a douche then you don't have anything to worry about.

Keep sharing your knowledge!

2008 Cobalt SS

Vehicle Showoff Thread
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
lol thats what I've been going with. And im not really being a douche about it

MOD's K&N Typhoon, H&R sport springs, Fe5 Shocks and Struts, Pacesetter Header, ZZP Catless Down pipe, Tsudo N1 Catback, #34 Injectors, B&M Shift plus, 8000k Low beams...

Still slow as Piss!
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
If it gets too frustrating, just tell them your car is faster than theirs and leave it! ((If its not, tell 'em ol' Bullybully will come out and mop 'em with the turbo!))

Jk. Mostly they will stop and listen if you have information they aren't aware of. And if they're not, then they're content being willfully ignorant. And if someone knows something you don't, all you can do is take it in and commit it to memory.

Lol you already know how to deal with it. You've already said it! Everyone has run into that problem at some point though. Probably a lot of people here have run into it with cars, and even other interests. It happens, and it always will. Just be humble about it.

2008 Cobalt SS

Vehicle Showoff Thread
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
I have people at work always asking me about things, before I used to be afraid I would come off stupid by giving misinformation but now if I dont know I just say "dont really know, I know enough about cars but not a lot for you to depend on" or something like that. Usually goes for the "kids" asking if this and this mod or if a k20 is better than building my b16abcd blah blah. Or if they are asking about what could be wrong with their car, I try to lead them in the right direction but just flat out say IDK if I don't.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-25-2011, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Haha b's k's and d's. Honda Bullshit lol

Still slow as Piss!
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
I've kinda run into this problem with a new girl i'm talking to.
girls always ask about my car and i have to dumb it down for them, but this one knows what's going on and i felt really stupid for a while.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1295 View Post
girls always ask about my car and i have to dumb it down for them, but this one knows what's going on and i felt really stupid for a while.
sounds like a good woman!
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 03:14 PM
Forum God

as long as you don't talk out of your ass, and be honest when you don't know the answer, and stay humble, then you will not come off dumb. And if someone tries to make you look stupid, don't waste your time defending yourself or arguing with them, just tell them "wtv, I don't know and I'm being honest about it. Not getting into an immature argument over it" or wtv lol.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to shaggy87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake1295 View Post
hahah, heelll yes. i love knowing more about my car than guys, they get all stutter-y. it's funny.

this one kid i use to work with didn't even know how to check his oil.. that was just damn embarrassing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode