Is This Really a Bad Idea? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Is This Really a Bad Idea?

Okay, so I went into a local tattoo shop today and was wanting to get a tattoo of my soon to be wife's name.. nothing huge.. and very hidden.. i picked out what i wanted as the font and everything goes.. size ext .. and was in there about 30 minutes.. ive never had a tattoo before but i have been thinking about this one for quite some time and im not stupid.. i know what it is ill be getting and i dont feel bad about it at all.. but everyone in the shop acted like it was the biggest curse and the worst idea ever.. they were all telling stories about people and what had happened..

I ended up walking out of there with my feelings hurt because i would never want anything like that to happen..

I don't know what to do now
Whaaat the heeellllll

I guess think it over some more? I dont know

09 Pontiac G5
Tinted,Debadged & Detrimed, 12k Hid's,Tinted Taillights & Side markers, 17" DR-40 wheels w/ Kumho 215/45's, CM springs..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:26 PM
Expert

Garage
if youre looking for opinions, heres mine...dont do it.
Go for something that you guys share if you really want to get a meaningful tat. Maybe a saying, or a picture of something. My wife and I have matching tats with a phrase we love. When I see it I am reminded of her as well as what the phrase means to me.

This way in case anything does happen years down the road (who can really say), you'll have something still meaningful to you, but no matter what it'll remind you of her.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by acoutu View Post
if youre looking for opinions, heres mine...dont do it.
Go for something that you guys share if you really want to get a meaningful tat. Maybe a saying, or a picture of something. My wife and I have matching tats with a phrase we love. When I see it I am reminded of her as well as what the phrase means to me.

This way in case anything does happen years down the road (who can really say), you'll have something still meaningful to you, but no matter what it'll remind you of her.
thats what they were saying also.. you have a point.. they were talking about that too.. i just need to think it over more.. its a tattoo it never comes off lol

09 Pontiac G5
Tinted,Debadged & Detrimed, 12k Hid's,Tinted Taillights & Side markers, 17" DR-40 wheels w/ Kumho 215/45's, CM springs..

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to shaggy87
i agree, don't get someone else's name inked on you. it's the K.O.D of any relationship, i swear. the only names that i've got? are for 2 ppl who died that were very close to me.

i mean like homie said above me, do something meaningful to you guys. maybe the date of your marriage? something like that.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
yea that would be nice.. ive heard it is the Worst thing to do all day today lol

09 Pontiac G5

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to shaggy87
hahaha, cause it is man! i don't think anyone's trying to hate on you or your fiance(right? you said soon to be, so) directly.. its just bad things happen when doing tattoos like this, haha, than you're paying to either have it covered up or removed.

do something you can live with for the rest of your life, ya know? hah.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Forum God

yeah I gotta say I agree with everyone else. DO something meaningful that in 60 or 70 years from now when you're really old, you can still enjoy it (if that's even possible) no matter what happens.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
i read the words "should i get a tattoo?" n that instantly means no.. u will regret it at some point

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
i read the words "should i get a tattoo?" n that instantly means no.. u will regret it at some point
yeah well there's that...I highly doubt I'd ever be getting a tattoo.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
yea i never was a big fan of tattoos and piercings ext... but this has been growing on me for quite some time... thanks everybody for the opinions.. i think i shouldn't get it now.. .. if i was a total dumb ass i would have said.. yea ill take it anyways. but i have enough balls to say.. yea.. you have a point.. ill wait and see..ya know?

who knows.. maybe ill get it a another year down the road.. well see.. but for the time being.. i agree with my fellow your cobalt friends.. skip the tattoo..

I know what i can do thats more fun then getting poked to death with a needle under my belt line... ANYthing else lol

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

the reason i brought my question about this on here.. is simply.. you guys dont know my family..therefore they wont find out .. and i wont have to listen to.I CANT BELIEVE blah blah blah blah blah haha!
we all know how that is.. plus inlaws. everybody hates them..

09 Pontiac G5

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode