Sport Bikes??? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Sport Bikes???

I've run out of cheap mods to do to my car so i've decided i need a sport bike, i'm justifying this with the fact that all my classes are at the top of a mountain and there's motorcycle parking there, also the fact that i'd become instantly irresistible to the females with a matched set: hot bike and hot balt.

what do you guys think?

Make it pretty, and she'll think it's fast.
Jake1295/2008 LT (Balto)/Fayetteville, AR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
go for it???

I want a bike too, the one I want is almost as much as my balt when I bought it new but I want to get a used, not to powerful bike to start out with before going to the one i want. Aprilia RSV4 Factory

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
a bike is most definately on my to get list.. ive done pretty much all i ever wanted to do to the balt.. so i need some other project lol

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

id much rather put $1500 into buying a bike than $1500 into my balt at this point.. ive come to the conclusion any performance mods will still make it slow so idc much anymore about that.. it would be a different story if i had an ss

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

Bikes are great to have, I've had eight over the years. Right now I have two Suzuki's GS projects, one cafe (750) and one bobber (1100).
If its your first bike and your young, don't go over 600cc. Insurance companys charge more for over 600cc.
If you're tall like me look for a 600cc Suzuki Katana, they are fairly large for the engine size. Insurance companies consider them touring bikes more then sport bikes, so insurance is relatively cheaper.

2008 G5 2LT sedan - Black, fully loaded, 5-speed, tint Daily Driver
1984 GMC K20 - Blue, 6" lift, 35" Nitto mud grapplers, 350ci, camel hump heads, comp cam - Sold
1984 GMC K15 - Project truck 305/700r4/208.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
ive been looking at alot of 96-00 cbr's.. 600/1000 dont matter to me.. whatever i can find a deal on.. if i find a deal then ill look into insurance stuff. ive never driven a road bike but pretty much everything else (quad, dirtbike, snowmobile, etc) ive driven so hopping on a 1000 cant be too too difficult to learn on

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalaigh View Post
Bikes are great to have, I've had eight over the years. Right now I have two Suzuki's GS projects, one cafe (750) and one bobber (1100).
If its your first bike and your young, don't go over 600cc. Insurance companys charge more for over 600cc.
If you're tall like me look for a 600cc Suzuki Katana, they are fairly large for the engine size. Insurance companies consider them touring bikes more then sport bikes, so insurance is relatively cheaper.
i was planning on staying in the 600 class, my ideal is a '00+ CBR, but it's most likely gonna be whatever i can find a deal on.
yeah i'm 6'2" so i'll check out the katanas more, thanks, though i saw an article that said most newer bikes are going higher

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
a bike is most definately on my to get list.. ive done pretty much all i ever wanted to do to the balt.. so i need some other project lol

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

id much rather put $1500 into buying a bike than $1500 into my balt at this point.. ive come to the conclusion any performance mods will still make it slow so idc much anymore about that.. it would be a different story if i had an ss
I've got an LT and already having a speeding ticket i'm not worried about performance. my parents are paying for some new coil overs (as long as my scholarships are still intact) at the end of the spring semester.
also hoping to save a little on gas and get around this new city easier with a bike

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:12 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
YOu can get into Buells fairly cheap, cheap insurance(not as much power as others). Bad--will only be able to get parts from factory for another 6 years.

I have an XB and I love it, nice sound, quick, torquey, and gets lokks everywhere I go. Plus you can go to ANY little town in the US and someone will work on it.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
Buells are made in East Troy WI.. not too far from me.. pretty sweet eh? lol

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
YOu can get into Buells fairly cheap, cheap insurance(not as much power as others). Bad--will only be able to get parts from factory for another 6 years.

I have an XB and I love it, nice sound, quick, torquey, and gets lokks everywhere I go. Plus you can go to ANY little town in the US and someone will work on it.
I've been looking on craigslist mostly, haven't seen many buells, and seems like most i did see were too much for me...
as far as maintenance i plan to do as much as possible on my own

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-10-2011, 06:58 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlock View Post
Buells are made in East Troy WI.. not too far from me.. pretty sweet eh? lol
They were made in East Troy. Buell went out of business last year, not enough demand. Right now they are only racing bikes.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode