This Just Kinda Bugs Me.. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

This Just Kinda Bugs Me..

I guess I'm not really complaining, as much as I am Venting.

But, I'm a 17 year old kid with no job, but I love my Cobalt. It's my first car.
Unfortunately, a lot of people don't like it for the fact that it is an auto and a bunch of other reasons.
I would love a manual, but eh, it's my first car. I'm thankful I even have one xD

But, me being me with a few of my good friends thought it would be alright for me to spray paint my hub caps chalkboard black. Which, it doesn't look too bad, but that's all I can afford. Rims are out of the question.
They're moments that I wish I didn't do it, and others I'm glad I did, because I personally think it's just as, if not better, then running steelies.

But now, for Christmas, I may be getting Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs with a camber kit.

I've always been a guy who doesn't really listen to what everyone thinks about the stuff I like. It's just getting on my nerves now.

But, man, so many kids talk trash about my car. I take pride in it though. It's my car.
I've done so many things with that car. Crazy drives, tickets, of course, I've done some stupid stuff I regret in it.

But (Wow, I've used "But" a LOT XD) it seems very few people get that.

Has anyone ever had that problem before, people just talking trash about your 'balt? At least when you first got it?

(Okay, yeah, I'm complaining xD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
My first car was a white 62 Chevrolet Caprice Classic with bubble back window similar to this one that I paid 25$ for and 25$ for a donor car to fix it. My friends laughed at me for a while then they all wanted a drive in it when it was all finished. Sold it a year and a half later for 600$ back in 73.

Not everybody has a rich dad to buy them a beamer. Keep your car clean and walk tall, jealousy will make people say stupid things. ''You can fix your car but you just can't fix stupid''.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7192.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	63  

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly

Last edited by Coby7; 11-15-2011 at 08:55 PM.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
Not everybody has a rich dad to buy them a beamer. Keep your car clean and walk tall, jealousy will make people say stupid things. ''You can fix your car but you just can't fix stupid''.
I try to keep it as clean as I can. Unfortunately, I was rear ended by a Hummer, and rubbed up against a tree. Both repairs would cost me well over 1k. We can't afford that. xD Maybe when I get a job. I was thinking about just buying a 240sx but..A nice Cobalt is very unique. I decided to stick with it. And, not every car model has a great community to talk to!
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Didn't the Hummer guy have insurance?

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
Didn't the Hummer guy have insurance?

Yes. But, they're only like, 4 tiny tiny dents in my back bumper. When ever he hit, I just though my bumper was going to be hanging xD But it wasn't..
and I'm too damn nice, so I just said forget it.

I could post some pictures up tomorrow to show you what I mean.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
If the guy drives a hummer and can afford to put gas in it he can afford to fix your car. 1000$ is just 4 tankfull or one of his tires.

post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Quote:
If the guy drives a hummer and can afford to put gas in it he can afford to fix your car. 1000$ is just 4 tankfull or one of his tires.
Lol. I should of..but it's been months now. It happened before the summer. What I really want to fix is the stupid scrape I have on my passenger side. It's really low, luckily. Still 1k+ to fix though. That will be the FIRST thing I buy once I get another job.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
You can probably find a shop that will do it for less. Shop around. Sometimes trade schools need vehicles to practice their body shop trade. They might do the work 3 times to get it right but it will be right when you get it. The teacher will see to that even if he has to paint it himself. I had my 62 and 71 chevs painted this way and only paid for paint.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Contributor

Garage
I know how you feel. I'm 17, everyone I know had mommy and daddy buy them an ls1 car, srt4, 4.6 car blah blah. I drive an automatic 2.2 as well. I received tint for christmas then this might sound dumb but all i do is sell my personal stuff and scrap to get money. I now have an alright list of mods done w/o having a job and w/o having to say mom and dad payed for it. No one really rags on me because I go to a Christian School and nobody knows what theyre talking about. And I'm also pretty big too so no one really says anything lol. But don't listen to these kids, do what you want to do and remember you cant always get what you want. Give it time, I've had my car since the end of 09 and I've used all of my money on it. You'll be fine dont let the small things in life bother you.

MOD's K&N Typhoon, H&R sport springs, Fe5 Shocks and Struts, Pacesetter Header, ZZP Catless Down pipe, Tsudo N1 Catback, #34 Injectors, B&M Shift plus, 8000k Low beams...

Still slow as Piss!
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Cobalt Master

Garage
i remember back when i was 17 with the balt (currently 19).. things will work themselves out.. i bought freaking 100% of all my shit for the balt including the car, insurance, gas and there are always the dumb spoiled brats that have something better... but whatev's haters gonna hate.. lol im happy where im at now (other than that fact im in winter mode now, steelies ftl haha)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode