The "Micah Fund" (for Those Who Were Interested and Asked Me) - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
The "Micah Fund" (for Those Who Were Interested and Asked Me)

Hey guys, so this is what a few people asked me to put up here, so I figured what the heck. As some know already, my son Micah was born at 27 weeks a little less than a month ago, and has been fighting for life the whole time. I actually started this fund for the time being to help me not only have the opportunity to see my son, but also to help me get my specialty stuff for premies after the hospital and for my attorney fees so I can bring my son home to a safe enviornment. The whole and original thread over this is right here ( https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/off...luck-guys.html ) , and it explains EVERYTHING that is going on to the best of my ability. I'm fighting for my son, just as much as he is fighting for himself. So if there is anything you guys can/want to do for support, shoot me a PM and let me know, or just post here and ask me to PM you, either of which is fine. I appreciate everything in advance guys, and here is what I've got so far::

These are the posts as well as the updates as I've posted them in another thread. This is so you guys can understand what I'm going through with all this. This is the first post and it goes from there:

December 28th 2012:

So I just need you guys to wish me luck and send up your prayers for me. Here's why.

A few months ago, lady went completely crazy on me and a whole lot of other people (to include her family and closest friends), and threw me out. So I left with no problems at all, didn't fight it or anything like that. Since then it's been nothing but drama and hell from her blaming me for things that she is making up. Now here is where it gets interesting. She was 4 months pregnant with no job, and was living at a used to be friends' house with me, and had no other way to support herself or her already 3 year old son. I was supporting her to the fullest as she was carrying my child, as well as her 3 year old son. Soon after I left (or got thrown out), I have been completely in the dark when it comes to my child. Now she is blaming me for not supporting her or my child when I have no idea what is going on with anything because she doesn't tell me anything but still wants to blame me for it.

Now the story gets more interesting here. My son was born 3 months early and was born on Dec 24th. So I'm now in KY to take a court ordered Paternity test so I can get my Paternal rights (as she didn't put my name on the birth certificate and told everyone she doesn't know who the father is, but is telling me directly that I am the father). So I'm taking my test so I can have my rights, and she is telling me that I will never be able to see my son, and there is nothing I can do about it, so I can already see a custody battle coming up. Right now, I have my own house, I'm working a full time job and a part time job, have everything I need including transportation, so I can actually support my son. My only worry is that I am not sure if I can get custody of my son with just that. I'm also unsure of what else I can do. I know when I can tho, I'm going to get my paternal rights and take my son to see my family (as they are in MI and he is in KY), and while I'm there, I'm going to file an EPO against the 2 people she is living with as they are constantly drinking, and the man of the house is bi-polar and is very abusive and the cops go to that house once a week and know everyone by first name basis (didn't find this out until after I left as she claims these are her "foster parents"), and I don't want my son ANYWHERE near that place.

So I'm worried about this. I only want what's best for my son, and will fight to the death for it, but am unsure of the best route to go about this. I know he is my son, and the only reason I'm taking the test is for the courts to have legal papers for my rights. If I didn't need that, I wouldn't take it. So yeah, I have a lot on my mind and plate right now guys, and I could use the prayers. I'd appreciate it.

*sorry for this, but I needed to vent somewhere, I've been losing my mind all day over this and my medications aren't helping me.*

January 10, 2013:

Well here is a small update. I'm now sitting in the nicu waiting room to see and hold my son for the first time. He has been born for 17 days and I'm just now going to be able to see and hold him. I'm so anxious!

January 12, 2013:

Being that he is 3 months early, there are obviously complications and issues, and now that the hospital is actually acknowledging me as the father, I got medical updates for my son. He had to go under the "blue" lights as they call them here for the first week and a half (these lights are supposed to help stimulate his internal organs to continue to grow and start functioning on their own), he struggles to breathe daily and goes from forced oxygen to regular room air on and off multiple times a day. He sometimes stops breathing for a few seconds (because his brain isn't fully developed enough to tell his lungs to breathe for him), and they told me he had to have a blood transfusion because he had a really low blood count. After the blood transfusion his liver and kidneys started functioning properly and his skin turned back to the normal color (rather than a yellowish green color). According to the nurses and doctors here, they are telling me a lot of which my son is doing/going through right now is VERY normal for a child his size and age. He is eating more, and is growing just a little bit (he went up 4 oz and is now 3lbs 1.4oz, and he has grown to 14.9 inches), and he is eating more and becoming more self sufficient. The hospital has actually boarded me in the NICU for my stay here this weekend so I can be "with" my son and see him anytime I want to see him (as parents have 24 hour access to their children here (however that isn't a 24 hour access to HOLD him, just see him)). He is still in the incubator 99% of the day to keep his body core temperature where it needs to be, and they allow us to hold him for up to 30 minutes at a time before putting him back in. They also allowed me as the father to do what they call "Kangaroo time" here with my son. What this means is 20 minutes before he eats, they allow us to hold him (either the mother or me depending on who is in there), to hold him on our chests skin on skin. This allows us to help transfer body heat to him, as well as let him feel and hear our voices and heartbeats. This allows for a bonding and rooting of the child to the parents, as well as it helps relax them as the heartbeat is rhythmic which is soothing to the baby. I have been allowed to hold him skin on skin on my chest 2 times now (which absolutely makes me melt everytime I'm able to do so). He also tonight was awake during the my time with him before he ate and actually smiled at me and was looking at me. I couldn't be more happy and proud at the same time, this is the most unbelieveable feeling to someone who has never had kids (parents you know what I'm talking about as we know it's completely different when it's your own child not someone elses). He will be in the hospital and possibly the NICU for another 5-6 weeks before they will consider discharging him from the hospital.

January 19, 2013:

First, Micah is off the breathing tubes and he is now 3lbs 6 oz. He is now bottle feeding 2 times a day, and tube feeding the other. He was also diagnosed with congenital hypothyroidism which we are waiting on the last test results to find out 100% sure if he has it or not and to see about starting medication. Been a rough week this week. Also, I have taken Coby's idea and started a fund for him, and so far its starting slow lol. But that's what I have for now, I will update again soon.

Those are all the updates I have as of yet.. The nurses here told me it's a big possibility that he will need to have a CPAP to take home with him when he is discharged because he DSATS a lot during the times he sleeps, but when he's awake and concious, he's fine (and any parent will tell you, you can't keep them awake for ever! lol). But as I get updates on him, I'll add them here for you guys so you can keep up with it. If you want the WHOLE story on what is going on and what led up to this, here is the link:

https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/off...luck-guys.html

Thanks in advance for everyone for the prayers, thoughts and support you have given. It has been a big help and I couldn't do this without it. It means a lot to me.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni

Garage
Re: The "Micah Fund" (for Those Who Were Interested and Asked Me)

Paypal name? For those of us that have ridden the technology band wagon and don't have checks!

05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
05 Chevy Cobalt LS (RIP 7/13/2013)
99 Nissan Altima GXE (Daily)
99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)
07 Jeep Liberty Limited (No longer the tow truck for the balt )

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Levee

Garage
lol sorry guys, had to walk my mom through on setting up one for him specifically. the paypal account address is [email protected] lol. Sorry, I noticed that as well after I posted.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Done, hope it helps.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni

Garage

Not much, but I hope it helps!

99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I will donate on Thursday! (payday) I wish you best of luck once again!

Sent from my EVO

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Levee

Garage
Thanks guys! I appreciate it and it does help! Every bit counts.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Sorry, i just thought that saying anything is better than nothing is negarive.. sorry guys. But anything given puts me that much closer to getting my son. (lots going thru my head, cant think straight.)

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

Last edited by Coby7; 01-20-2013 at 06:11 PM. Reason: We understand no need for apalogies...
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni

Garage

We understand. Just show up to a race with me this summer and I'll be happy! :P no expectations of course!

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

But to be serious, I would hope people would be willing to assist if I was in the same situation. Get that kid back and it will all be with it! We are here for you.

99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 06:32 AM Thread Starter
Levee

Garage
I'm trying to get him back. I'm still working with the attorneys to get the ability to take him home from the hospital, and back to MI with me. It's looking promising on that aspect. But it's still a long road ahead of me.

Now for a small update. He is now being bottle fed 3 times a day and they upped his feeding amount to 27ml. He is eating more and is tolerating his feedings and digesting his food well. He is still DSATing a little bit, but is now able to catch himself on his own. I'm still waiting to hear the results of his final Congenital Hypothyroidism test, so they can start treatments. I'm not going to be able to see him this weekend as we fired a guy from work on Saturday so I get to cover down and work double shifts now until a replacement comes (which means more overtime and more money for me so I don't mind, but it also means I can't be with my son as much). Again, I appreciate the help and support you guys are offering. It's not going un-noticed and there will DEFINATELY be something in the works for saying thanks to you guys from my family. It means a lot to us.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
OK, today my donation went through, was not rejected by PayPal this time. Your system of payment finally works for us Canadians too. Your account is still not certified according to PayPal but is now registered.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode