Paul Walker Dead - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

Paul Walker Dead

Died what he loved doing. I was a couple years out of high school when the first F&F came out. It really changed the scene for better or worse. RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Veteran

Garage
I was out of my freshman year of high school. My older friends had their licenses and I kept worrying about high speed crashes. One of my friends did flip his car but he and his passengers were OK.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

I didn't think he was dead until a saw it all over the news. I thought it was a rumor

2005 cobalt base model coupe

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanman35 View Post
I didn't think he was dead until a saw it all over the news. I thought it was a rumor

I'm still thinking it's a fake.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Levee
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
I'm actually sick of hearing about it already. Yes, I know he was a car enthusiast, yes I know he was a big charity guy, especially to military, and yes I know he was an actor. He died. Let's move on.

Not being rude, just don't understand why the whole world has to STOP because of an actor who dies. Where is the halt of the world when a soldier who gives his LIFE as charity to his country? I'm sorry, I believe that it's wrong to live in a society now where an actor or sports figure has more acknowledgement in death than a soldier does. A life is worth way more than money, and no offense, actors don't do anything for us like a soldier does. They just pretend to be something for amusement and entertainment, where as soldiers don't pretend, they are actually the brave and honorable ones out there doing that which an actor can only hope to pretend to be good enough on stage to get an award or make a decent movie revenue. Makes my stomach turn.

*end rant*

Sorry, had to get that out, but please continue

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

I agree

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Staff Alumni

Just like when anyone else famous dies. It happens. His movies were a part of a lot of peoples lives.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah. To some people he was their "soldier". Some saw him as a hero as a little kid, and he was a hero. He gave so much to charity. I understand that a real soldier deserves a whole lot more than what they get. And actors shouldn't be the most important things in the world, but that's just how it is. People connect with the ones on the big screen and this is why things are like this.

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
He was important to me in a way, I saw him on Who's The Boss and all the other stuff he was in, when he came into the F&F franchise it grew from there. Was cool watching the guy come to form. Was he a soldier, no. I thank the fallen everyday I am alive for letting me here and mostly free. I am quite sick of hearing about that aspect, someone always has to bring up that comparison. Fact is, its a big deal to many people. I have seen it on every single forum I am on and that is a fudge ton and a few are not car forums. I am really saddened because he was one of the better Actors in this world, he was a genuine humble guy. Someone who would probably come over and help you as you are trying to put a new part on your car or broken down from popping a charge pipe lol without knowing you.

RIP Paul and Roger Rodas.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-01-2013, 09:58 PM
Contributor

Garage
I was bummed out bad last night because he and Vin diesel were all I cared about when I was growing up, and which had caused me to become a fast and furious nut so to speak now, the movies will never be the same that's for damn sure

Future mods:
chevy 572 c.i. motor insatall
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Forum Regular

I was in elementary school when the first f & f came out. Ever since I wanted to be a racer. I looked up to him as role model. He has Kindest heart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode