Loan likelihood.. opinions? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Loan likelihood.. opinions?

I'm asking this just to see what to expect. Well some may know I am probably looking at an ss today. It's an 09 ss/tc. Now I am 19 with "decent" credit. I have a 660 and read that in 600's your pretty good to get a car loan. I live with my parents and only pay $80 a month for my cell phone.and also I pay my dad my car payment per month$220. But it is in his name. So the other $900 per month is mine. Now if I trade my car in I will only have the $80 cell phone bill and the car I will be buying in my name. I will be putting $500-$1000 down AND my current balt. I do owe on my balt still about $4,000. So technically right now my debt to income ratio is spectacular. I am looking to spend around the same per month that I do now. So from 300-330 per month for both my phone and car. The car will probably be around $11000(asking 12000). So with a 5 year loan it is easily attainable. My current balt has 140000+ miles with no warranty. I want a car with a little less miles just for school and this price the dealer has is great.The ss has 69000. I know I can afford it cause I do now lol. The only worry I have is technically I am low income with ok credit so getting the loan might be hard. Ilive at home so I just pay my bills, and my parents told me not to worry about insurance and that they will cover it. I am making a whole new post cause I didn't get much attention in the random thread. What do you guys think? Can I get the loan?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Also this obviously isn't set in stone. I may decide not to get it if I don't like the easy it pans out. But I might as well see.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:07 AM
Forum Regular

Get the cell phone down 50$ And finish paying for the Balt.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:13 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah I was thinking about just keeping mine. Like I said I'm kinda just playing with the idea. But I still have about 2 years of payments on mine by then it will be worth about $1000 if that with the miles I put on it. So I wouldn't mind just 2 more years of payments for a nicer car I would really enjoy. Ya know? Also I get yearly raises where I work and If I really want I can become a manager and I will double my pay. So paying for it isn't an issue. Idk lol I might not even go check it out. Just an idea

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
$80/m for your phone seems steep. I pay half that, and my plan is hardly a stripper. As long as the car doesn't put you in debt and you can handle the payments, I say do it. No harm in scoping it out anyways. Try to whittle the asking price down and get top dollar for your coupe. Good luck.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah I have Verizon.. enough said. Where I live they're the only ones with a decent network. I also split the payment with 2 other people. It's about 240 per month for all 3 of us.. so 80 a piece. When I was alone on the plan I paid $100 lol. It's nuts I know. I can afford it. Like I said I have no other debts and no credit cards or anything. My mom said "you deserve something really nice, go for it". so I have their support. Also I am not afraid to walk away if I don't like the deal.

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Lol also once I graduate from school I'll be getting a better job and moving out into the "real world" so if I don't get something nicer now I may be waiting a long long time .. and since my parents are on board with the idea I may as well try

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:22 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Good man, don't act too interested. It's a buyer's market.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Forum Regular

Go for it,
Your folks are paying insurance? Wow! Take the money you would pay for insurance, and save it. Maybe a home next?
$1000 so what. I'd likely get 100 bucks for my DD.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

I was in Colorado couple years ago driving from Denver up to Breckenridge to go skiing. And drove from Toronto to Stowe VT last year. I noticed there were so many dumpy looking homes in the US, but outside there were always nice new Rides
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah they are paying insurance.. I knew all that had work as a young"good" kid would pay off ;) lol no but yeah I help them out with all the house work and car stuff. I did roofing for a while and interior construction so whenever something needs done in the house I fix it up or whatever needs done.. so they help me out a bit. Yeah I am gonna save my extra cash. I want to buy a small trailer after graduation then stock pile for a nice house down payment. Or maybe I'll pay double on the car and get itr paid off at the time my current balt would be. Do you think I would get the loan?

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Lol yeah priorities... What's that? Haha most of those people are probably young adults like myself. I personally would rather have a small "cute" home for myself and a nice car than a large home and crappy car. But it would be just me.. no family do a small home it's all I'd need

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:38 AM
Forum Regular

Yeah i had all my toys once too.
After my kid, I sold my quad. But sold it to a buddy, still waiting for him to invite me for a ride.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
They'll lend money to anybody because they will keep the car as collateral anyways.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode