Working out: strength, cardio, yoga.. let's talk! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Working out: strength, cardio, yoga.. let's talk!

I figured since we don't have anything like this that I know of.. let's talk about our workouts. You can share your goals for what you want to achieve through working out, talk about types of yoga you do to calm you down, or just talk about how much you've grown physically or mentally with the help of working out. Share tips you may have, or problems you've overcome. Share it all, YC!

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I lift weights. I am 19 about 6 feet tall and weigh 240 pounds with I would estimate about 22-24% body fat.. yes I'm working on that lol. I am very fortunate because my genes allow me to grow pretty quick. I was always a bit bigger than the average person my age when I didn't lift. I am not huge or in amazing shape, I lift for a hobby. I enjoy it and it is awesome for stress relief. I plan on cutting to about 225-230 pounds and then I'll see where I wanna go from there. I have learned through my gym experiments that for me the amount of weight on the barbell isn't the most important thing for growing. For me, pushing until muscle failure(can't do anymore reps) is the key. So whether I have 160lbs on the shoulder press or 190lbs. as long as I push until I can't do another rep each set I grow faster than 4-6 rep sets. Also less weight reduces injuries due to poor form. If you push hard and try your best (with everything in life not just working out) you will see great results.

Hopefully this produces some more activity join in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
i've been working out for 3 days a week the past year, before that i only worked out in high school since i was in the football team. I do it as a hobby also because working out is fun just like working on cars, it's also very stress relieving (i don't have much stress but works great to blow off steam). My fav workout is squatting though, i love lower body workouts a whole lots

Me and my buddies recently started playing handball as a way of doing some cardio, we play for about 3 hours straight and we feel its better than just regular ol running.

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Yeah I used to jog 5 miles a day.. then I broke my ankle and had surgery and that just stopped. I do like sports though. Pretty much anything. My favorite body part to workout would have to be shoulders. Idk why lol

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

I did like squatting. Since surgery I haven't really squatted heavy.
post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Veteran

Garage
I lift sometimes and I recently decide to train for a 5k and eventually a marathon. I need more weights for the bench, I only have 80 plus the bar.

In high school I could easily bench 200. Want to get back to that.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Veteran

Garage
I have done P90X and X2, Insanity, T25 in the past. I do enjoy these programs but I just joined a crossfit gym to take it to the next level!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
I lift sometimes and I recently decide to train for a 5k and eventually a marathon. I need more weights for the bench, I only have 80 plus the bar.

In high school I could easily bench 200. Want to get back to that.
I am at my highest for benching right now. I am repping 260lbs right now and I also don't have enough weights. Idk what my Max would be. You'll get back to your high school weights pretty quickly when you do get more weights though.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I've heard p90x and insanity are pretty intense
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Forum Regular

No one is talking about diet!
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Veteran

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanman35 View Post

I've heard p90x and insanity are pretty intense
They are pretty intense. P90X uses free weights while Insanity is all body weight. Either way, they both increase cardiovascular health greatly! Insanity is cardio heavy.

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowachevyowner View Post
No one is talking about diet!

Food - thats THE most important part of a healthy lifestyle and getting fit.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 05:53 PM
Forum Regular

List of mistakes people make
1.Poor diet
2.same routine
3. too long of a work out
4. too short of a work out
5.Not knowing weight makes size
6. Not knowing reps makes lean muscle

Sensei, strength trainer, boxing coach and personal trainer
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I used to be overweight for a good portion of my life. At my peak I was 250 at 6'1''. Probably not so bad, but I developed an inferiority complex because of it. One day I decided I didn't want to live that way anymore, and decided to join a gym and take up a crash diet. All I did was cardio, alternating a half hour each of running, biking and elliptical for 5 days a week. My diet consisted mostly of salads and cereal. Rice Krispies, Speciak K and Corn Flakes, all with skim milk. I lost 91 pounds in 8 months to my peak low of 159. I was weak as a kitten and had no energy to spare, but I was thin. Since then I've settled at 185 and I think I'm at a healthy weight right now. My upper body strength is nothing to brag about, but I have the strongest legs out of all my friends. I don't work out anymore, but I do enjoy long runs. I'd like to tackle a half marathon one day.

Last time I went to a gym I pulled my sciatic nerve and was crippled for a week.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode