What Did You Do Today? - Page 209 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

55Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2081 of 2085 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
You could have done Yamy, I suppose, assuming it was short for Yamaha? I think it might have actually fit the pronunciation of the brand a bit better - but you have to think about how it's pronounced since it can go a few different ways...one sounding like "Amy".

The intentional pronunciation would be "Yahh-Mee", retaining the first syllable of Yamaha.

Now, if it doesn't relate to Yamaha than ignore all of that, haha.
Yamy was also taken and yes it was referencing to my Yamaha 624. I could have added a # on the end I suppose but there also it would have to mean something and it got too complicated.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2082 of 2085 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:23 AM
Cobalt Master

I have about 3 different usernames I use depending on what its for haha

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Going to start working for my uncle again next week, he needs more help again and I could use the extra money because owning a house can be expensive haha. Won't be working there very much but assuming I can build a fast as 2 years ago then I'll be making about 24 bucks an hour for some mindless work.
post #2083 of 2085 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 04:26 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Got everything all finished up today - amp installed and wired up, IP trim/panels reinstalled and got all the initial tweaking done. It's amazing just how much cleaner everything sounds - especially when I don't have to have the bass turned all the way down because the subs were running off the rear speaker feed. Finally putting these amazing speakers to work like how they were meant to.

Amp Installed:

Mic for the head unit is tucked away nicely on the steering column

Everything back together inside the car. Looks so clean there, I'm really happy with how it turned out

Something behind the head unit is ratting - probably one of the many, many cables behind there - so I need to either pull it back out and see, or hopefully reach my hand up back there from the side or below and keep whatever it is from rattling because it will drive me insane. I heard a little "alternator whine" through the speakers, but only at startup, and only before music starting playing - another monitor-type thing. I am just happy to finally have it done.

I now should have no issue hearing my music with the windows down on the freeway, which was a struggle even on max volume before. Having it only up to 3/4 volume was borderline painful, and I only have the gain turned up 1/4 of the way on the amp.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #2084 of 2085 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 06:31 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Wife and I busted our asses putting down 43 bags of mulch (the other two will go down tomorrow, after its had time to settle a bit) in the sun and all the heat - really needed it after we didn't get around to it for the last couple years. Amazing just how much of a difference it makes.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #2085 of 2085 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 03:58 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Last bit of mulch down, in the patio area - had to clean out all the buildup of dead needles and what not. So much better.

​​​​​​​

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
@mp81

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode