What Did You Do Today? - Page 211 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2101 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Epoxy came off with a little effort by hand/screwdriver...but I did the soapy water test with my air compressor, and I'm not sure these ever were leaking in the first place. The later ones supposedly aren't as well-known to leak.

​​​​​​​

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 06:18 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Cleaned up the main casting and throttle plate a bit:

Main casting and throttle plate reassembled:

New needle and seat installed

New float installed:

Mixture control solenoid, metering rods and power piston reinstalled:

New accelerator pump installed and TPS reinstalled:

I also reinstalled the choke housing and linkage, so I should be just about ready to install the air horn tomorrow.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #2103 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:02 PM
Say What again!

Garage
All back together aside from the fuel inlet:

Much cleaner:

All complete:

New versus old gasket - I'm not sure why they aren't the same:

Carb back on the car - looks a bit cleaner than it did before:

Too bad after all this work, the car idles richer than shit, and is pretty pissed off - I have succeeded in essentially making my vehicle worse.

I tried for a couple hours to see if I could mess with it, but it's dark out, I can't seem to get any dwell reading off the green diagnostic connector, and it's still stupidly rich. It also tried to restart once on the first shut down, so, that's a great sign.

Sigh, great waste of a week...

post #2104 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Pulled the carb back out on Wednesday and got the air horn pulled off on Thursday, then I adjusted the float to 11/32" (as specified) down from the surface of the main casting and put the needle pull clip in the correct spot (not the conveniently-located, and more secure holes right there - because I guess those can cause the needle to bind and flood the carb a bit.

Pull clip - it sits pretty loose here:

Float adjusted to the proper level - a good bit lower than it was. Oops.

post #2105 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:54 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Got the Mach-1 style chin spoiler installed on my brother's Mustang after we got back from the night we spent in downtown Detroit.

We had got the holes drilled last week (when we also installed the Mach 1 grille/filler panel, and replaced the LH HID ballast for the projector lights), but the included fasteners were garbage , so we waited until my brother was able to get metal bolts to replace the shitty plastic ones they came with (the base of the clip was fine).

Totally finishes off the front end (aside from the projectors needing to go back on):

The SVE spoiler actually is slightly longer than the OEM Mach 1 spoiler, so it doesn't come up short of the wheel well:

post #2106 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-26-2019, 06:56 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Replaced the NOx #2 sensor...again (last time was February 2018...on my birthday...on the same day we were supposed to go up north...).

Only took me about an hour this time - took me three days total last time.

post #2107 of 2111 (permalink) Old 09-27-2019, 05:22 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Pulled the Idle Air Bleed Valve out to check the O-rings since, for whatever reason, I didn't the first time. Upper O-ring looked mostly fine, but the lower one was a bit...flat:

Upper O-rings - new (left) vs old (right):

Lower O-rings - new (left) vs old (right) - can see how much "flatter" the old one was:

post #2108 of 2111 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 06:02 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Carb's back on the car - doesn't run perfect by any means, but boy is it night and day compared to what it was like the last time. Now I think I can work with this and get it dialed in (hopefully).

Don't seem to have the vacuum leak (as audibly) like it did last time, nor does it smell rich as hell. Seems to idle a bit low, but maybe that could be due to the idle air bleed being back to the "stock" setting. Need to get the dwell reading to work and get that all tweaked.

post #2109 of 2111 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 02:56 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Changed the front brake pads and rotors today on the CTD - went with AC Delco GM Original Equipment (not Advantage or Professional) for both.

RF brakes, prior to disassembly:

Pretty clear the outer pad has a little life left, while the inner...does not.

And removing the pads...it's pretty clear what the loud rumbling noise was coming from the RF brake...no pad left at all.

RF rotor after 100k mile...and metal to metal on the inner pad for a bit...

Caliper bracket and the absolutely massive M14 bolts holding it in place:

Old vs New rotors:

New rotor in place:

New vs old pads...that inner pad...yikes:

New parts installed:

Left front pads - not nearly as bad as the right side:

Old left front rotor - the inner side definitely was starting to wear a bit weird:

Delicious:

New versus old:

New parts installed:

All done - just need to burnish them!

I'm probably going to end up on my HOA's page as to why there was a black Cruze driving around, stopping randomly, but they're all "broken in"...and so much better. Car hasn't stopped this good in quite some time.

post #2110 of 2111 (permalink) Old 10-16-2019, 09:58 PM
Contributor

May I say.....,., I LIKE IT !?

BC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
@mp81

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode