Well Hello There! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By Beamer
  • 1 Post By Beamer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Well Hello There!

Been quite a bit of time. Not that I had not tried but I had forgotten my password and totally forgot there was a change in how passwords were done so I locked myself a number of times over the past few months on the occasions I tried to pop back in and see what was up.

Not even sure if anyone remembers me or whom is still around but I felt like saying hello and hope all are well. I definitely wish I still have my SS even after all these years, I think the growing pains just get stronger as I look back on it.

I am good though, still working and up to the YT gig as well. I still, surprisingly I guess since I always seemed to be getting something else, have my '15 200s v6 and the ferd f1fiddy. I think my last post was about possibly getting a car for the girl and I had narrowed it down to a mazda 3 or RSX. Decided to skip doing that and she has continued to use the truck. Figure since that is paid off it would better then a car in my name and insurance only if something were to happen.

Might end up getting a 04 or 05 Impala soon for her. Her aunt does not need it but you know family, pay first lol. Its nice, I gave it a look over one night, has the 3800 series so woot there.

Anyway, as I said... hope all are well! I'll try to kick it here more often now that i remember how to get in
Parthros likes this.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 12:31 PM
Cobalt Master

Welcome back! Yet another member that couldn't get on because of that stupid forced password change..
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Expert

Garage
Hey, welcome back! Don't think I'd remember ya since I joined in 2015, but always love seeing active members!

That forced password change wasn't stupid, it was necessary. Helps keep everyone's information secure. It was definitely annoying though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
welcome back sir! good to see ya here. cool to see that you stream now, ever considered using twitch?

WA636R - Switchblade Silver Mt 09 Sedan LT 2.2L LAP......Auto!

MODS:Fe5 TC Shock + Struts\Moog Endlinks\YYZ V1 Springs\SC Gunmetal Wheels. Badmab Shorty Header\GMPP Performance Exhaust\ZZP 2.5 Catted DP\K&N Drop-in filter\High Flow Intake Tube. Gen4 Headlights\6K Low Beam HID\LED 3rd Brake Light\LED Turn Signals,Plate,Trunk, Dome, Reverse, Side-marker\ Debadge "LT" & GM fender badges\Shorty Antenna

Join YC.com on Facebook! Like YC.com on facebook too!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
That forced password change wasn't stupid, it was necessary. Helps keep everyone's information secure. It was definitely annoying though.
Yes, it was definitely needed - but it definitely seemed to be a bit buggy.

Welcome back @Beamer !

How has your 200S been?

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxknight28 View Post
welcome back sir! good to see ya here. cool to see that you stream now, ever considered using twitch?
That is where I primarily stream man, trying to do it atleast once a week now but its tough with work and trying to get vids out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
Yes, it was definitely needed - but it definitely seemed to be a bit buggy.

Welcome back @Beamer !

How has your 200S been?
The 200 is good man, no issues besides a few recalls, dealership dropping a wheel and having to replace it haha and premature rust on the hood. Everything is getting taken care of and besides having to go to dealer here and there the car has been great. Has not let me down, still enjoy the power and loving the comfy seats. Only 17k miles after 2years! I just wish I had the extra money to do some work on it, only exhaust so far.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
The 200 is good man, no issues besides a few recalls, dealership dropping a wheel and having to replace it haha and premature rust on the hood. Everything is getting taken care of and besides having to go to dealer here and there the car has been great. Has not let me down, still enjoy the power and loving the comfy seats. Only 17k miles after 2years! I just wish I had the extra money to do some work on it, only exhaust so far.
Good to hear. The V6 was definitely the engine to get in that car - the 9-speed does not pair well with the 2.4L - but pairs very well with the 3.6L. A real shame they just wrapped up production on the car a couple days ago, it was a rather nice vehicle - but the ghost of the JS Sebring/200 just haunted it too much.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Yea such a shame its going bye bye but whatever. I usually only drive mine in Sport so its not lugging around. So I typically do not get passed 5th gear in town. Only when on the highway do I put it in drive so it goes to up any higher. They should of just put the 8 speed in it from the Grand Cherokee, barely get into 9th unless going 80

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:52 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
Yea such a shame its going bye bye but whatever. I usually only drive mine in Sport so its not lugging around. So I typically do not get passed 5th gear in town. Only when on the highway do I put it in drive so it goes to up any higher. They should of just put the 8 speed in it from the Grand Cherokee, barely get into 9th unless going 80
All together different trans. The ZF 8-speed is longitudinal-mount, the ZF 9HP is a transverse-mount.

9th gear is a mega over drive. The I4 cars won't even go into 9th unless they're coasting down a hill.

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Yea, I kind of wish I could get out of it and into a new Cruze hatch, Diesel. But not in the shape to do that haha. I like it though, just want a manual again and the Cruze hatch is like damn haha
MP81 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode