Random Crap Thread - Page 229 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

463Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2281 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Prospect

I tried to convince my wife to let me put the money into the truck and get it tuned and do a few other things instead of buying the Cobalt, but she wasn't having it. HAHA! I tried really hard to tell her it would be less money down the road, but she didnt like the idea of spending $2K to get 20 mpgs and not getting close to 30 mpgs in a commuter car. In the long run, it is probably better to get the second car because as soon as you start adding horse power and torque to those trucks things can fail, and it aint cheap to fix big diesel motors.

newb - 2005 Cobalt, Base Model, 5 speed. 2.2 Ecotech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2282 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Trifecta even dropped the 2009-2010 LAP a while back.

Rob Spaghetti has one of those, haha

In other news... the girlfriend and I made some Szechuan sauce following Binging With Babish's recipe. It's pretty good, but I dunno if it's "9 more seasons" good, lol. I'm pretty excited for the real stuff when McDonald's releases it this winter.

Also, Star Wars tickets are expensive AF. I bought a "special early showing" that includes some memorabilia or something. Long story short, $25/ticket. Ugh.
$25 doesn't sound too bad. You can get normal tickets for a 3D showing with reserved seats for about the same. If there's a non-3D option, I always go for that. Not going to pay an extra $10 for a headache lol

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat05Cobalt View Post
I tried to convince my wife to let me put the money into the truck and get it tuned and do a few other things instead of buying the Cobalt, but she wasn't having it. HAHA! I tried really hard to tell her it would be less money down the road, but she didnt like the idea of spending $2K to get 20 mpgs and not getting close to 30 mpgs in a commuter car. In the long run, it is probably better to get the second car because as soon as you start adding horse power and torque to those trucks things can fail, and it aint cheap to fix big diesel motors.
More power usually goes with a heavier foot too, which will do nothing to aid fuel economy lol

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #2283 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 11:11 AM
Prospect

@Plain Jane , you are right! "They" say that if you have a light foot with the higher HP tunes you get the best mileage. What fun would that be to have an extra 150hp and 200lbs of torque on tap and drive for mileage? No fun at all...

newb - 2005 Cobalt, Base Model, 5 speed. 2.2 Ecotech
post #2284 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 11:27 AM
Staff Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
You must have the wind at your tailgate a lot!
Nah. All Burnside traffic and rush hour driving.

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #2285 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 11:40 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
$25 doesn't sound too bad. You can get normal tickets for a 3D showing with reserved seats for about the same. If there's a non-3D option, I always go for that. Not going to pay an extra $10 for a headache lol
Gotta also consider the theater. At this (not particularly great) theater, normal tickets are like $7, and 3D are like $13. $25 per ticket, plus a $1.50 "Internet" fee per ticket, plus tax means that it's costing me ~$57 to take my girlfriend to the first showing of Last Jedi. TBH, being able to say I'm among the first group of people to see the movie is worth it to me, but it's still an awful lot.

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

Also, I don't even know if these are 3D tickets, it's just the very first showing available, which is the whole reason I bought them.

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #2286 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Staff Alumni

Quote:
Money Man only drives when his chakras and the planets are in perfect alignment lol
Don't forget I have a large tank. 136L

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #2287 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 01:09 PM
Expert

Garage
Finally got around to looking it up. They're not 3D, they're "XD" which is Cinemark's fancy way of saying, "it's a bigger screen than usual." Not 3D though, which is nice, because I actually prefer the 2D version, lol

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #2288 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
When the question of "who'd win in a fight: co-worker X vs co-worker Y" devolves so quickly and spectacularly that it splits the restaurant in two and they actually get scheduled to fight in the back alley at work this Saturday night. I'm in charge of making the Facebook event promoting it lol

Also worth noting, neither combatant has any beef with each other and are good friends

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #2289 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 02:48 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Finally got around to looking it up. They're not 3D, they're "XD" which is Cinemark's fancy way of saying, "it's a bigger screen than usual." Not 3D though, which is nice, because I actually prefer the 2D version, lol
It could also be Atmos.

We nearly always see ours at the "local chain" (though they've now expanded to two other states, and have quite a few theaters in the metro Detroit area) - they have fantastic video and sound, all the seats are full power leather recliners, and they have tons of food, and a full bar, both of which they will deliver to your seat. We generally try to see the movies in 3D and "EMAX" (bigger screen and Dolby Atmos), and if 3D isn't available, we just do the non-3D EMAX.

We're seeing Blade Runner 2049 tonight in EMAX, and I already bought tickets for us for Thor Ragnarok in 3D EMAX for November 4th. We missed seeing Spiderman Homecoming entirely, so we didn't want to make the same mistake with Thor.
Parthros likes this.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #2290 of 5695 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 02:59 PM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
It could also be Atmos.

We nearly always see ours at the "local chain" (though they've now expanded to two other states, and have quite a few theaters in the metro Detroit area) - they have fantastic video and sound, all the seats are full power leather recliners, and they have tons of food, and a full bar, both of which they will deliver to your seat. We generally try to see the movies in 3D and "EMAX" (bigger screen and Dolby Atmos), and if 3D isn't available, we just do the non-3D EMAX.

We're seeing Blade Runner 2049 tonight in EMAX, and I already bought tickets for us for Thor Ragnarok in 3D EMAX for November 4th. We missed seeing Spiderman Homecoming entirely, so we didn't want to make the same mistake with Thor.
Apparently it's not Atmos. Just tried looking up the specific theater on Dolby's website, and there's no reference to it at all on their "Dolby theater locator."

Anyway, Blade Runner 2049 was pretty good. Easier to follow than the first one, actually.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode