Random Crap Thread - Page 544 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

462Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5431 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Anybody hear if Plainjaine or MoneyMan died?

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
I can't say...but I certainly haven't seen them round these parts...

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #5433 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 07:22 AM
Expert

Garage
Creepin' on the profiles, it looks like @Plain Jane hasn't logged in since late September, but @money_man logged in just a few days ago. Guess they just haven't had much on their mind? \_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5434 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:36 AM
Expert

Garage
Real quiet weekend, I see.

In mildly interesting news, both the GF and I got new phones this weekend. I upgraded from a Galaxy S7 to an S9, and she upgraded from an Iphone 6s to a Galaxy Note 9.

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5435 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 07:58 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Good, you brought her to the light.

Neither of those phones I can fathom paying that much for, though. My wife just got a new Moto G6 about a month ago, and she is loving it, but I cannot really determine what phone (wanting to stick to the Moto products) I want to replace my Moto X 2014 with, so I'll just keep dealing with its consistently-worse (it's mostly fine, but can be awful due to its four-year-old age) antics until I can confidently make my decision.
Parthros likes this.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #5436 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 08:53 AM
Expert

Garage
Hahahaha, well while we were in the store, I was trying real hard to remain neutral, despite the fact she knows I'm an avid Android user. Turns out the stylus on the Note 9 is what sold her on it.

Personally, I don't love how expensive these flagship phones have gotten, but having the Samsung VR headset, and loving that experience, I'm kinda stuck with the flagship Samsungs if I want the VR capability. The S9 is a HUGE improvement over the S7 in terms of VR.

Yeah I held onto my Galaxy S4 for like 3 generations, so I know how frustrating it can be to still be using a 4 year old phone, haha. I did notice though, that doing a factory restore on it every so often really helped breathe new life back into it. Also, if yours has a removable battery, get a new one for that sucker. A healthy battery can also really help improve a phone.

Quote:
post #5437 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
My HTC10's battery failed and I switched to Galaxy 8+. Like it so far not sure about this Bixby though.

Parthros likes this.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #5438 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Yeah I held onto my Galaxy S4 for like 3 generations, so I know how frustrating it can be to still be using a 4 year old phone, haha. I did notice though, that doing a factory restore on it every so often really helped breathe new life back into it. Also, if yours has a removable battery, get a new one for that sucker. A healthy battery can also really help improve a phone.
Yeah, I'd just rather not lose my data or anything. Clearing up some of the pictures helped a bit.

And nope, unfortunately it isn't removable,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
not sure about this Bixby though.
Nobody is.

post #5439 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:13 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coby7 View Post
My HTC10's battery failed and I switched to Galaxy 8+. Like it so far not sure about this Bixby though.
I'm not a fan of the dedicated hardware button to access Bixby. Luckily there's a setting to disable the button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
Yeah, I'd just rather not lose my data or anything. Clearing up some of the pictures helped a bit.

And nope, unfortunately it isn't removable
I getcha. I always had to take a few hours manually backing up all the data I cared about before doing the system restore. Hardest part is always when I realize I forgot to back up one or two small things that don't really matter, but I would have liked to keep.

Quote:
post #5440 of 5679 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 10:17 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
I'm not a fan of the dedicated hardware button to access Bixby. Luckily there's a setting to disable the button.

I getcha. I always had to take a few hours manually backing up all the data I cared about before doing the system restore. Hardest part is always when I realize I forgot to back up one or two small things that don't really matter, but I would have liked to keep.
The problem is - you can't re-assign the button to do something else. Like be a manual shutter for the camera. My Atrix 2 had a camera button (I think it could be re-assigned, if you wanted, but why would you) and it was a multi-press style, so if you pressed and held lightly, it'd focus the camera, then all you had to do was complete the button press and it'd snap the picture, like a real camera.

And yeah, that's my issue, can't stand to forget anything.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode