Random Crap Thread - Page 563 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

465Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5621 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Nice work! And yes - what he said above. Just like a black car - looks fantastic when clean but...have fun keeping it clean!

I thought I saw Coby respond to another topic the other day, but maybe I dreamt that...I've been wondering as well, but it says he's been on recently.

@Coby7
Parthros likes this.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5622 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 07:24 PM
Cobalt Master

Pretty sure I saw him comment recently as well, not sure how I missed this post but he did say he was stepping away from the site and not moderating anymore
https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/of...ml#post1847308

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
I pop on now and again. Where'd coby go? He was always on. Problem with this group is that most of us have gone through 2-3 cars after our cobalts. Think about it boys, it's been 9 years since the last cobalt was made.

Actually becoming rear to see on the road now. See tons of Cruze though. After driving a few 1.4T Cruze I'd rather have a manual 2.2 belt though.
I'm on my 4th after the g5 I think, still have it though even if it's been like 2 and a half years since I blew it up and I still haven't rebuilt it😂
post #5623 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 04:44 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
I pop on now and again. Where'd coby go? He was always on.
I still poke in once in a while but spend most of my forum time answering questions on Trax forums. Will answer PMs and mentions if it's a valid question that hasn't been answered 100 times already if people would bother to search.
Parthros and 1966tbird like this.

Every minute spent angry is a happy minute lost for ever and ever!!!
Drives 2016 Cocoa Buick Encore 1.4L Turbo auto KL4CJDSB2GB652675
Drives 2016 Sunset Orange Trax LT1 1.4L Turbo auto 3GNCJPSB8GL142716

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
post #5624 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 PM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parthros View Post
Yes, I am. Last time I drove it (like 2 weeks ago now), it didn't seem to want to build any boost. Plus, I think that was the oldest part of the whole SC setup when it was put together.
Quote:
Yep, that's how I'm able to check it. To be completely honest though, it could have just been that I'm a little too afraid to give it much, since the tune is so wonkey. Really wanna have ZZP re-do the tune, but I don't have the budget for it right now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
What is the vacuum level at idle?
Quote:
That's true! I just liked how black countertops looked so much, that I couldn't resist, haha
@MP81 - Warm idle is right around 20-22 inHg
Yup, she's definitely not building boost. Just took her out for a spin, and pedal to the floor, 2 PSI. I assume general first step is new bypass regulator?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5625 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:16 PM
Say What again!

Garage
That'd be my first step - and a cheap one at that. Sounds like you're doing fine on vacuum at idle.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #5626 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:06 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
That'd be my first step - and a cheap one at that. Sounds like you're doing fine on vacuum at idle.
The only ones I'm finding online are:

~$157 New https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-pa...uator-12591349

~$180 New https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2004-07...e/111253604997

~$50 Used https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-Cobal...c/123703741025

Local Dealership: Special Order $254.27 (Yikes!)

Not sure if I should get another used one, and have no idea how long it'll last. Then again, new ones are stupid expensive. What do you guys think? Should I maybe look somewhere else as well?

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5627 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:19 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Jesus, so much for being cheap.

Well, I'm surprised yours failed to begin with - I'd go used for $50.
Parthros likes this.

post #5628 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:51 AM
Expert

Garage
I think GM must have stopped producing it, because most other bypass actuators are under $50.

I've got a suspicion that the supercharger I bought was either rebuilt, or replaced by the dealer, but they used an original bypass actuator. Possibly 100k+ miles, if I had to guess.

Quote:
post #5629 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Say What again!

Garage
You didn't buy the ZZP kit, right?

If so, they should be replacing that - you've had issues since Day 1 and I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the cause.

post #5630 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:06 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
You didn't buy the ZZP kit, right?

If so, they should be replacing that - you've had issues since Day 1 and I wouldn't be surprised if this was part of the cause.
Well, I did get the ZZP kit, but it was during the time that they didn't have any M62s in stock, so it was the kit without a supercharger. Got the SC from eBay. I think even the same guy who's selling the used bypass actuator for $50, but it was long enough ago that eBay doesn't have the original listing in my history anymore.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode