Random Crap Thread - Page 564 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

465Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5631 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:08 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
But your email should. Won't be able to see the full listing, but will be able to see the seller.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5632 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:10 AM
Expert

Garage
And to be fair to ZZP, their kit was actually pretty decent overall. Any "bolt-on kit" is gonna have issues, and nothing was too far off. The biggest issue I've had is the tune being shoddy. And the tune's from a local dyno shop, not ZZP.

Well, the tune and ZZP's garbage injectors.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Oooh, good point. I'll check my email for that.

Not that I'd really expect him to replace it after this long, and it did work for like a year, while everything else was consistently working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5633 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:12 AM
Say What again!

Garage
No, no, I'm not suggesting you do that. But it may give you an idea if it was rebuilt or what not, and if it's the same seller.

Those things don't normally go bad, but anything technically can.

Mine has close to 90k on the build, plus however many miles on the blower when I bought it, and it seems to be fine.

Watch, now it'll fail.
Parthros likes this.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #5634 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
No, no, I'm not suggesting you do that. But it may give you an idea if it was rebuilt or what not, and if it's the same seller.
Those things don't normally go bad, but anything technically can.
Mine has close to 90k on the build, plus however many miles on the blower when I bought it, and it seems to be fine.
Well, if I remember right, I sent him a message asking what the deal was with the thing, because it looked so clean. He told me that a dealer replaced it, then the car was almost immediately converted to a Harrop TVS blower. That's why I think that maybe the dealer just replaced the blower, but used the original bypass actuator.

Looks like eBay didn't include usernames in their emails, just a TransactionID, which is now a dead link. However, I did find one that listed the seller's email address, which matches the seller's username of the bypass actuator, so definitely the same guy.

Quote:
Watch, now it'll fail.
LOL, it always seems to work out that way! Better go knock on some wood!

Quote:
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
post #5635 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:18 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Yeah, I'd bet the used the stocker. But even still, it's not something that normally fails, but, likely anything else, can fail.

post #5636 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Cobalt Master

I would take a shot with the used one at least after checking for any external leaks. I would think it would more likely be a hose or gasket somewhere as they don't go bad. Hell I'm pretty sure they are the same as on the 3800s and I had one of those that held together for like 380k miles

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

If I knew where my spare ones were I'd just send you one for whatever shipping costs but I have a feeling you will have another one or find the leak elsewhere before I find them😂😂

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 PM ----------

Also, didn't realize you got your supercharger from jeffery, I've bought plenty of stuff from him over the years, even bought a brand new engine block from him haha

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

If you are on Facebook look him up on there and message him, he usually sells cheaper through Facebook than eBay since eBay takes a lot of fees. Jeffrey nelson reiland
post #5637 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:25 PM
Say What again!

Garage
Oh yeah, he's always posting shit on FB.

When I had a boost leak, the vacuum nipple at the intake manifold had cracked (the rubber, not the metal part) and was leaking boost, which is why I asked about idle vacuum - mine was down to like 15 or something.

post #5638 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 02:46 PM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
If you are on Facebook look him up on there and message him, he usually sells cheaper through Facebook than eBay since eBay takes a lot of fees. Jeffrey nelson reiland
Well shoot, wish I'd read this before buying it off eBay, lol

When looking into it last night, it looked like maybe the MAP sensor had just wiggled itself loose (ZZP's kit says to block off the MAP area of the intake manifold, and hook it up to the vacuum nipple), and the bypass actuator seemed to be ok (tested it by moving the lever, then covering the top/bottom thing, and it held its position both times). Haven't gotten a chance to test drive since reseating the MAP sensor.

Still decided to buy another bypass actuator, since they're starting to get more rare and expensive...

Quote:

Last edited by Parthros; 04-18-2019 at 02:51 PM.
post #5639 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 04:33 PM
Say What again!

Garage
That's interesting. My MAP sensor (1-Bar - same sensor as the blower, likely the same one you're using) I managed to mount into the intake manifold. I use the upper nipple there for my boost/vac gauge.

post #5640 of 5714 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 06:24 PM
Expert

Garage
ZZP's SC kit came with a 2 or 3 Bar MAP sensor, IIRC. Number on the part is 12612110 02255. When Googling, I had to leave off the "02255" otherwise nothing would show up. My guess is that part is just manufacturer internal use only.

Anyway, I got a chance to take a test drive this afternoon, after I put it back together (and fixed some dumb stuff the shop did when they installed the kit) and it's boosting just fine again (~11psi, 14 right before shifts). Maybe the bypass actuator just seized up? I've read that occasionally happens. Plus, I hadn't actually driven it in like 11 months.

I may still go ahead and replace it if I decide to get a new tune from ZZP.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode