Random Crap Thread - Page 567 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

463Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #5661 of 5695 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Cobalt Master

The pistons aren't much better but yes the rods are generally the weakest point in these engines. If you did pistons and rods then you should be good for quite a bit more power

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

And mp81 sounds like maybe it's time to freshen up that engine, maybe some pistons and rods so you can push more power as well😂😂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5662 of 5695 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Whenever it decides to blow up!
Parthros likes this.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #5663 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:21 AM
Expert

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP81 View Post
Sounds like it - mine feels that way sometime, but it's an old build with lots of miles on it, so I generally just chalk it up to that.

Yours..should not be feeling that way yet...

Boost is at the proper level? AFR?
The car did sit for like 10 months without being driven much. I started it up regularly, and drove around the parking lot, but it didn't get any real use.

Boost is hitting ~11/12 psi and 14 at shifts. I don't have an AFR gauge, and I kinda suspect AFR's part of the reason it feels sluggish. Honestly, I think the whole tune is just shoddy, so I wanna get it re-done by someone who knows what they're doing.

Couple of examples:
-> When I was driving it the other day, it just stalled when I came to a stop. An auto should never do that, obviously.

-> When turning on the A/C, it affects the RPMs much more than I'd anticipate. Sometimes getting close to stalling.

-> I think the boost gauge was wired into something wrong, because ever since it was installed, the dashboard can't dim with the knob. It'll only do full dim or full brightness. The auto light sensor acts strange too.

Wouldn't hurt to re-check compression too, I suppose. Haven't done that since before the SC build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrob5382 View Post
The pistons aren't much better but yes the rods are generally the weakest point in these engines. If you did pistons and rods then you should be good for quite a bit more power

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

And mp81 sounds like maybe it's time to freshen up that engine, maybe some pistons and rods so you can push more power as well����
Then maybe I should go for full forged internals if I wanna turn the boost up much more.

The engine should really be fine, since it's still got less than 70k miles on it. Unless there's some issue I haven't been able to find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...

Last edited by Parthros; 05-01-2019 at 07:24 AM.
post #5664 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 07:29 AM
Say What again!

Garage
You don't have a wideband?? Get one ASAP. Could be a similar issue mine had where it simply wouldn't go into PE unless you punched it hard. If you rolled into it, it stayed at ~stoich.

2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
post #5665 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-01-2019, 08:52 PM
Contributor

Dan I hate to ask,these questions but....
AFR....
WIDEBAND...
And 81...that is a cool Mopar and you only have it for a week?

BC
post #5666 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:11 AM
Staff Alumni

Is my app posts working yet?

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg
post #5667 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 06:13 AM
Say What again!

Garage
AFR = Air Fuel Ratio
Wideband = A sensor (O2)/gauge that reads the AFR - far more detailed than a narrowband which also reads AFR but cannot be relied on for tuning.

Yeah, it's an evaluation car from work, so you can either get it Mon-Fri or Fri-Mon. I pick Mon-Fri since I generally don't drive anywhere on the weekend.
Parthros and 1966tbird like this.

post #5668 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 07:54 AM
Cobalt Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by money_man View Post
Is my app posts working yet?
Well this posted
Parthros likes this.
post #5669 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 11:33 AM
Say What again!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photobucket
Photobucket currently hosts over 130 million photos for over 11 million free users! Effective June 1, 2019, new hosting limits will take effect that will impact a small portion of our image hosters.

What Are the New Limits?
Free hosters will be restricted to 25MB of hosting bandwidth per month. YOUR CURRENT USAGE IS OVER 500MB PER MONTH SO THIS NEW LIMITATION WILL AFFECT YOU.

What Happens If I Go Over My Bandwidth Allowance?
Free hosters, like you, who use more than 25MB of bandwidth will have all of their hosted photos watermarked and blurred.
Photobucket, back at it again!

Keep in mind, I don't know the last time I hosted a picture on Photobucket - those are likely all very, very old pictures - and I'm still twenty times over the limit.
Parthros likes this.

post #5670 of 5695 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 02:51 PM
Expert

Garage
Woooooooow

Feels appropriate for an old meme... Scumbag Photobucket

Time to download everything and hope that Imgur doesn't start to impose limits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Believe me, these cars have a habit of growing on their owners. Your feelings will only strengthen over time...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode