Opinion Needed!! - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Off Topic Chat Talk about anything your mind can come up with!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Sneezing Daily
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Question Opinion Needed!!

So here I am about to start school (College Full-time) and I had this summer Job that I kind of want to keep and it third shift, but I still have my other job which is part-time (30 hrs a week) versus summer job that is full-time 40 plus hours a week. My girlfriend and I eventually want to move into our own place and well the extra money would help so I can still afford the cobalt, lol. I know that there are some of you people who are or have been through some type of delema that may have been like this, please help. By the way these are the options:

Job 1: Full time, pays 9.65/hr (about 300 dollars a week), has benefits for insurance, work 10pm-6am Sunday through Thursday.

Job 2: Part time, pays 8.10/hr (about 350 dollars every two weeks, no benefits, work no set schedule but generally 7am- 3pm.

I have classes at night around 5pm and no class on Fridays. I just don't know what to do anymore because my car payments like 150/month, insurance 65/month, gas ??? going up or down.

Your help is greatly appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gibsonj4
Speaking from experience, I've always worked in college and I love working full time (40hrs) a week. Im a manager at a GNC so I can set my own hours tho and usually work evenings. Go for the benefits and the higher pay. It may be more work but it will pay off.

2V Mustang GT - Cammed/Sprayed - The "Mustake" - Sold
2010 Cobalt 2LT - SOLD!
Chrysler 300C Hemi K&N & Tune
2005 Cobalt SS Supercharged - E85 TVS 2.9 - SOLD!
2001 Corvette C5 6MT
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Sneezing Daily
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I will be working its just the debate of whether I will have enough time to do homework and such that is why I am trying to figure out which one to keep, thanks though any help works. I just really don't know why I can't figure it out, maybe its the money or the worry that I am sol when it comes to me needing a new car if I lost the cobalt due to a car crash (3 people almost hit me yesterday)
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Veteran

well like me I am a part time bus driver and the money isn't bad for 12 dollars an hour,and I only work mornings,I will go back to school possible the wintertime,see how things are with me,so yeah keep the higher paying job.Oh also with me being a bus driver I actually have my class B CDL license.So I can take that license elsewhere for more money in 6 months or so

2006 Chevy Cobalt LT
Synthetic oil
K&N air intake system
Custom 2.5" dynomax exhaust system
B&M shiftplus
B&M tranny cooler
Catless Downpipe
stainless steel pacesetter header
5900k light bulbs
2.4 intake manifold
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 04:41 AM
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to cobalt07ls
Well I myself am I full-time college student and work full-time (40hrs+ a week). I go to school during the day and work from 1-close at Advance Auto. The only thing I see happening is...will your employer let you off an hour early to go to school...will they work with you? That's something you need to ask them first. And if they will...then keep your full time job and just make sure you do your homework for the class in the morning b4 work.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 07:56 AM
Expert

I am a full time college student right now(and will be til 2010) and don't have the time to work. It sucks b/c I'm not making any money but I really just don't have the time. An avg. 60 hr school week and that's not counting all the studying I'm doing. I live on my own with my boyfriend and I've just taken out loans and said they're for school. That's the only way I'm paying bills.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Jmarie619
talk to your managers. what kind of benefits are you talking about? if its like health insurance you should still be covered by your parents since you are a full time student.. and with the part time job you can prob pick up more hours...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned

dont move in with your girl....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode