Updated My VW website with VW Project #2 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 08:34 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to zbhover
Talking Updated My VW website with VW Project #2

Hello everyone......

My wife and I accidentally bought another Beetle about a month ago and I finally got around to getting some pictures and info up on my website of it tonight...... I also added some pictures after I cleaned it up a bit.

Check it out at http://www.zbcreations.com/index5.html if you are interested.

No set plans for this car yet, and we probably won't do much with it until after we finish up the V8 powered 69 convertible but here are a few thoughts we've had for it:

Maybe another V8 powered beetle on an s-10 chassis??? My wife says she’d like to drive it as her daily driver, but doesn’t want a “stock” bug. She said she would kind of like to just have a v6 in it. So we’ve been kicking around a few ideas:

Put the body on an s10 chassis and just use the 4.6l vortec V6 from the truck to power it, or just through another V8 in it because she’ll get addicted to the power of the V8 in our vert… LOL If we go this route with the V6 though, it will be pretty heavy.

Build a 4x4 v8 bug on an s10 chassis…. That way we could drive the v8 powered vert in the summer and the 4x4 hardtop in the winter… LOL

A major thought has been a super light fwd v6 powered beetle??? I’m thinking of just pulling the body off and making it a unibody structure using carbon fiber and Kevlar composite for the floor and unibody structure. I could get a v6 fwd car for an engine donor and pull out the whole front end sub frame and bolt it to my custom VW unibody. Then maybe use the rear suspension from the donor car??? I don’t know what we might use for a donor car, but something like a super charged 3800 bonneville could be fun.... Just a thought, but we are kind of leaning this route right now…… If anyone has any ideas or thoughts feel free to chime in.

Here is one picture from my site....

Talk to you all later...

Zach Bell
www.zbcreations.com

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.... Rather it is to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW WHAT A RIDE!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Cobalt Master

i think the supercharged V6 FWD bug sounds quite unique, i'd lean for that!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 06:45 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to zbhover
Me too, I need to start looking into it a little more. That way I can keep my eyes opened for a good deal on a donor car....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobaltkrazy View Post
i think the supercharged V6 FWD bug sounds quite unique, i'd lean for that!

Zach Bell
www.zbcreations.com

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body.... Rather it is to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, WOW WHAT A RIDE!"

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-16-2009, 04:22 PM
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Turbo it the way it is! There were 12 second bugs at the track yesterday

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page