I Wish I Was Ready to Buy.. - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
I Wish I Was Ready to Buy..

I know its a Mustang and not my intention, but really a deal like this (at least on paper though the listing seems authentic and professional), that this is an amazing deal:

Cars for Sale: 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra Coupe in DAYTONA BEACH, FL 32114: Coupe Details - 266235927 - AutoTrader.com

A car like that with all of those goodies is not one I'd pass up. What do you think?

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Veteran

LOL i think OBZ would be in love with that interior!!!! LOL yea not diggin the skank oh i mean stang but eh
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

that is one hell of a deal

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Whether or not you dig it, you have to admit its a LOT of car (and spare engine) for the money.... If the carfax is good, no rust and a straight chassis- I'd buy it on the spot..

So tempted to do a road trip down there and steal that biotch, so sexy looking!!!!!

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM
Yay go me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
Whether or not you dig it, you have to admit its a LOT of car (and spare engine) for the money.... If the carfax is good, no rust and a straight chassis- I'd buy it on the spot..

So tempted to do a road trip down there and steal that biotch, so sexy looking!!!!!
I have to agree with u it a nice ass car
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:22 AM
Veteran

I would be weary about it since it's a V6 conversion to Cobra...make sure they didn't take any shortcuts when doing it. For the price, I personally wouldn't even look at it knowing that it's a conversion..if I were to pick up a car that were stock, then do it myself, that's one thing, but to buy someone else's project (possible headache in the making).

Just my opinion.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 03:25 PM
HTx
Forum Regular

Garage
Beautiful car, but I personally find a deal that good to be too good. Considering I bought my Cobalt off through my dealer uncle off a dealer auction site (which usually has cheaper prices) for $4,400, and it had 65,000 miles, I find it very hard to believe that a car as beautiful as this would go for even cheaper.

If it's not a scam though, the dealer is ripping himself off :\.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Its a private seller, and he did mention there ARE issues with the car.

His words:

what needs to be repaired the synchro sleeve for second gear is a little bit sticky it has a broken exhaust hanger and the oxygen sensors all can be fixed for $150.00

But that is still really low for those problems.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Yay go me

Yea thats not alot of problems for the price its just weird how cheap it it. dont get me wrong i would buy it lol. im just saying there could be something big wrong with it. Take it for a test ride see how it handles

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
His words:

what needs to be repaired the synchro sleeve for second gear is a little bit sticky it has a broken exhaust hanger and the oxygen sensors all can be fixed for $150.00

But that is still really low for those problems.
This is why I would be leery...he did all that work and spent a ton of money (engine alone is more than half what he wants) and he says the problems are minor...there's always a chance the problems could be worse than he says or more unknown issues or whatever...but it's your money and it would be a fun car...personally I'd go for a 03-04 Mach 1. I love the shaker hood. A Terminator would be better yet, but too much money for me.

-Mike
|07' LS Sedan|Ultra Silver|Auto|MTX X Thunderlink|Debadged|35% Tint|Sportlines|Injen CAI|ARK Antenna|ARK STB| OTTP "Street" bar|Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position 205-60-15|Hawk PC pads|PowerSlot Slotted rotors|

Not installed yet: Pacesetter Header|Exhaust Depot DP|LSJ Cat-Back|Injen Hydroshield|MSR 045 18x8 Black w/ Red Pinstripe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode