Whats Your Project? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Whats Your Project?

So this thread is for all of us to post up whatever project cars we are all into and what we would do to them. You can include any car that you think you could realistically afford to build, just getting a feel for what kind of cars you all enjoy .

So to start off, I've always wanted a V8 LS1 Camaro or Trans Am, about 75k on one- what I'd do would just keep it simple, headers, catback, slp/ K&N lid, mild cams, lower, rims and WS6 suspension- that would probably be all since they have awesome power stock.

Since this I'm not allowed to buy a V8 car without getting kicked out, I've been searching and found something awesome..

The 87-88 Pontiac Fiero, America's only mid engine coupe. They are beyond cheap and can be found with very low miles for a small amount of $$$. So what I would do, pontiac bonneville supercharged V6 engine swap (pretty low $$$ conversion) and some supporting mods to that engine- I've read they can be 11 second cars with just that swap and minor work. I just wish I had the space/ tools/ and experience for a conversion like that, but for the cost its definitely realistic.

Ok share up, what cars would you build and what would you do?

^^<==---___-A_m_e_r_i_c_a_n M_u_s_c_l_e-___---==>^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Forum God

Well you guys might find this shocking but I am looking for at this a 1997 24 valve dodge cummins, I would put straight pipes coming out the bed and level with the cab, I would then Bully dog chip it and get it tuned in were I could get good fuel mileage and when I need it towing or more perfromance. And little things like intake. but first i need to find one.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Forum God

Garage
well as for my ive always loved skylines so i would do a nissan skyline r34 project car, it would be the ultimate drift and strip car

R.I.P. :(

Hello

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Notice the title doesn't have dream car anywhere.. I'm asking about project cars you would build with a similar budget you have now...

post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 PM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
Notice the title doesn't have dream car anywhere.. I'm asking about project cars you would build with a similar budget you have now...
o alright, my cobalt lol

Hello
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Eww really? If I had the choice I'd sell it and buy something a little more fun, and RWD for sure.

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:11 PM
Forum God

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroheadZ28 View Post
Eww really? If I had the choice I'd sell it and buy something a little more fun, and RWD for sure.
dont you think i wanna do that? lol im still 17 and still paying this car, its all i could afford

Hello
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:13 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dr-LS View Post
dont you think i wanna do that? lol im still 17 and still paying this car, its all i could afford
same here but im 18 and only a few months and the cars paid off, im pretty excited no more payments! which means more money!

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Cobalt Master

Garage
Well I mean I'd pick up something used.. I don't believe in new cars lol, or paying em off.. One huge lump of cash payment FTW... But lets keep it on topic

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Contributor

As a guy who really wants to get into Auto-X and track days, my first project would probably be a highly-prepped Miata, potentially boosted. Maybe even one of the later Mazdaspeed models that came with a factory snail.

People can yell "chick car" all they want, but the Miata is the most popular racing platform on the planet for a reason. It's filth cheap, extremely well-balanced, and has such a vast array of parts available that you can build one to do anything. I had the pleasure of getting absolutely destroyed by a caged/supercharged 92' at my first Auto-X event

The SS/TC will do me well in Auto-X for now, but I'm hesitant to take it out on a real road course (i.e. Mosport Park) for fear of wrecking my DD. With the Miata, I could keep the SS as a DD and track the Mazda without fear.

2009 Cobalt SS/TC - Black, Black/Black Int., G85, Sunroof, debadged - SOLD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode