Adventures in Diesel Land - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Rocket Send a message via MSN to Rocket
Adventures in Diesel Land

So as I said way earlier, I picked up a truck back in february. Well to have some "play time" aside from working and trying to get everything going so we can move we've been "trail riding" with the truck. I won't say off roading so to speak because some of the trails are pretty weak but pretty none the less. The real trails we didn't get pics of today. But anyways! Onwards to pics!

The Machine aka Diesel.

Ahh pretty road!

Stuck... dun dun dunnnnn

Sully Trying to clear the wheels:

We got out, then got stuck even worse, my tires were hanging off of an edge by about 3 inches and it dropped about 4ft I don't have day pics but I will say that we got stuck at 6pm and got out at 1am. My brother had to come with his tow truck and winch both his truck and my truck out... it was good times.

Fast forward two weeks to today and we drove up a hill thing with great views then went down the hill thing onto the pretty good trails. Lets just say it's a good thing my truck has shitty paint... No pics of the trails though.

This beats car shows by far. No car shows for me this year, to be honest I think once my cars paid off it's coming off the road.

Does not play well with others.
(10:36:30 AM) Yield2No1: I love how you tell me that knowing the technical side of things is everything
(10:36:43 AM) Yield2No1: Then you tell me that a cobalt TC doesnt have an optional rear diff

Last edited by Rocket; 04-22-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:47 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
dude that looks like a blast

post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

It is! I need bigger and better tires though and to lock the ass end.

(10:36:30 AM) Yield2No1: I love how you tell me that knowing the technical side of things is everything
(10:36:43 AM) Yield2No1: Then you tell me that a cobalt TC doesnt have an optional rear diff

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
is the gmc 4wd?

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Forum God

looks fun. definately better to go 4x4ing with other people so as to avoid being stuck for 7 hours lol
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

No lol 2WD 4.3 vortec V6 it was supposed to be a work truck. I paid 1000 for it and it's been the most awesome versatile vehicle I've owned. I work at a horse farm to and its become very handy on more then one occasion there as well.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

When we got stuck my brother was there within half an hour, it just took that long to get us out LOL Now were just more particular about which trails we go on alone. We have a buddy with a jeep who wants to come out pretty badly.

post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:01 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Very nice scenery. You do need to get rid of those street tires and get some real truck tires, especially since you use it as a work truck. Youreally dont need to lock the rear end unless you are rock crawling. I havent locked my axles on my Jeep or truck and do fine, then again i use the skinny right pedal ALOT.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
Very nice scenery. You do need to get rid of those street tires and get some real truck tires, especially since you use it as a work truck. Youreally dont need to lock the rear end unless you are rock crawling. I havent locked my axles on my Jeep or truck and do fine, then again i use the skinny right pedal ALOT.
not really worth upgrading to better tires in a 2wd. you're still only gonna be spinning one wheel so it wont make much of a difference
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Forum God

Lol! i muddin. thats why I wanted a truck but all my friends like my car so they dont bash on me to much (they all have trucks besides a few of them). But looks like it was fun, we took a 2wd 5.7 350 through a 3 ft pond and we made it through but that was the smallest truck there. lol

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 03:15 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
My Ram is 2WD and I have embarrassed some 4X4s, all I have are the Wal Mart All terrains. Liberal use of the gas pedal can do wonders, also cant be afraid to drive and break something when you off road.
Knew one kid whose parents spent about $5,000 on his Wrangler to get it all off road looking; lockers, lift, tires,Snorkel(??) etc. He was afraid to drive it and couldnt go half the places I could go inmy unmodded Wrangler of the same year(and smaller engine).

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode