Beware Wal Mart Tire Lube Express - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Beware Wal Mart Tire Lube Express

I just moved to a new area and cannot do auto repairs in my apt complex so I went to the local Wal Mart TLE to get the oil change done. After waiting 1/1/2 hours to even get the truck into the bay(only 2 cars were ahead of me). They completed the oil change and out the door, next day and 30 miles later I smell an awful burning oil smell, I was going to the Wal Mart for groceries anyway and get out of the turck and still smell the oil, I look under the truck and it is leaking. I take it right back to TLE and found out the tech didnt remove the old oil filter gasket.
Well, it is now 23 Apr and I am still smelling burning oil and the truck is marking its spot at the apt and at work, I take it to another oil change place(for "professional" backup) and they had to muscle the filter off and found out that the techs at Wal mart put a wrench to the nut on the adapter plate, when they start the truck up it is leaking worse than ever, the techs at Wal mart over tightened the filter both times and the end result is the gasket behind the adapter plate is trashed and it is leaking so bad I canot drive the truck.
Now I am waiting on them to file the claim which they didnt do yesterday to get money for the repairs and the cleanup o f my parking spot at the apts.
the TLE boss was rude and kept saying his people knew better and wouldnt do that. The truck has a rebuilt Groom's engine that is only 14 months and 14K miles old, Wal mart kept saying its a completely different motor that what should be in the truck or that is is a 135K motor.
So long story short BEWARE Wal Mart TLE, it could be dangerous to your cars. I have caught them with the Cobalt not changing the oil filter when they said they did.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Expert

thats why they work at walmart

Free CC08
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM

I went to one near my house with my wifes Camry to get some new tires installed. They broke her wheels by not knowing how to get the cover over the lug nuts off and then tried to hide it by placing the cover on incorrectly again to close the crack. I took it to the manager and he was also rude. After telling them that I will file a lawsuit against them and talking VERY loudly about how horrible they were, they ended up buying new covers from the wheel manufacturer for her.
I will NEVER take a vehicle back to ANY WalMart.
Thank god I have a place to work on my car - you can never trust anyone to work on your vehicle except yourself or someone you know and trust.
Best of luck to you my friend.

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SSedan View Post
thats why they work at walmart
Agree

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:24 PM
Forum God

that's why I go to shops I trust
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to camopaint0707
I agree with brandon

post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:32 PM
Forum God

Yea I would never take my vehicle there. I dont even trust dealerships.

2006 Cobalt: Bolt On's
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
True I think I will pay to use the facilities on post and pay extra to do myself again so I know its done right. I did find a good shop that I do trust right by my place that is going to do the work. They have been good to me so far and have good people there, and I can leave it and walk back to my apt.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Veteran

same thing happend to one of my friends. took his car in for new tires and they didnt balance them right.

the only thing i will buy from walmart is food. and nothing else.

NEW-http://youtu.be/0W6uc3t4V1k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-1xzqyKBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by that07balt View Post
i'm not gay.. i'm just awesome
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 01:58 PM
Forum God

Even here in Canada...techs at Wal-mart don't give a shiit. they hire kids, fresh out, cheapest labor they can find, who don't really care about your car at all, and don't have much experience in the field. I wouldn't take my car to a Wal-mart bottom line. Sucks to hear that though, hope your claim gets all fixed up!!!
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I cut stuff
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
I could have told you that about any walmart express lube place before you ever went there in the first place lol.

the Walmart near me put the wrong oil filter on a pontiac vibe one time. well the lady was driving the car and the oil filter blew right off the engine and toasted it. She had the car dropped off at the chevy dealer I work at and we had to replace the whole motor and Walmart payed for it. hahahahaahahahahahhaa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode