Chevy Equinox? - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to jeffm4688 Send a message via MSN to jeffm4688
Chevy Equinox?

Figured this would be a good section to post this in,

I went down to the chevy dealership today to look at a equinox, has anyone else gone down or know anybody else with one of these cars? I personally loved it and my mom and grandma are both interested in one.

only thing that sucks is they only offered my mom $8K for a trade in on a fully loaded 2006 dodge charger R/T. I'm pretty sure the guy was an idiot cause KBB says $14K for a "good" condition car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 10:13 PM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Yahoo to finnscobalt
Dealers always give less than KBB, that is how they make their money, off of used cars, parts and labor. Suggest they sell the car themsleves first of if they can afford it, buy the new car and work on selling the other car.

Personally, myself, I will NEVER buy another new GM product until they can prove their quality again and lower their prices.

sig pic courtesy of GBALT05
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnscobalt View Post
Dealers always give less than KBB, that is how they make their money, off of used cars, parts and labor. Suggest they sell the car themsleves first of if they can afford it, buy the new car and work on selling the other car.

Personally, myself, I will NEVER buy another new GM product until they can prove their quality again and lower their prices.
We've looked at many different cars and are looking to purchase a new car through USAA or a dealer who will match a USAA price. I still think offering almost half the KBB is ludchris, and I do not plan on going back to that dealer. Instead I think we'll go to another dealer and express no interest in any cars and explain that we would be interested in looking at new ones as long as he can do a reasonable trade in price.

Are you not happy with the quality of your cobalt? I've always been a chevy fan

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Veteran

Garage
USAA has nice cars for very reasonable price. My brother in the Air Force bought his wife an 07 Nissan Altima for like $7-8k, which is very cheap for the miles it has and the shape it was in. Someone was PCS-ing(deploying) and couldn't keep it. Just keep looking and try autotrader for cars in other cities around you. You'll come across one that'll catch your eye but just have patience.

Having a fast honda is like coming out of the closet. you surprise everyone at first, but in the end your still gay.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BaltLS View Post
USAA has nice cars for very reasonable price. My brother in the Air Force bought his wife an 07 Nissan Altima for like $7-8k, which is very cheap for the miles it has and the shape it was in. Someone was PCS-ing(deploying) and couldn't keep it. Just keep looking and try autotrader for cars in other cities around you. You'll come across one that'll catch your eye but just have patience.
We have been looking, but the KBB value of the charger was 14K so we figured we'd try and get close to that cause she owes 14K on it, I mean if they offer 12K thats fine whatever she'll eat 2K and call it a day, but to offer 8K is kinda crazy cause the same dealership has almost the same car for list for $17.5 and it has more miles
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Contributor

Garage
Friend has one. Been good to him so far. Previous gen model though.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 12:54 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
i've never reviewd an equinox, but there's a really cute girl i work with that drives one. and i give her props for chevy

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Forum Regular

my mom just got herself the 2011 equinox with the chrome and gfx package, its awd to.. i like it, to much chrome for me tho, but she loves it and she upgraded from a 04 vibe

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerBalt View Post
i've never reviewd an equinox, but there's a really cute girl i work with that drives one. and i give her props for chevy
I know a girl who drives a brand new 5th gen Camaro, in my favorite color, with the premium wheels and racing stripes, now that's hot lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1_c1rca View Post
my mom just got herself the 2011 equinox with the chrome and gfx package, its awd to.. i like it, to much chrome for me tho, but she loves it and she upgraded from a 04 vibe
I went down with my mom to the dealership again today where she testdrove the 2011 again, I personally like it, but the lot has a 2008 LS AWD on the lot which I like ALOT more and has more options when looking to replace the interior (same as our cobalts, same radio, etc) where as the new one has a molded dash, etc. First she wanted a cheap LS with AWD and didn't care about anything else, well after talking to the damn dealer, instead of blowing 22K on a brand new LS AWD, he's so far talked her into a brand new 29-30K 2LT AWD and is now possibly saying he won't be able to find one in the color she wants and she may have to order a 2012. Personally I think she fkin crazy to spend that kind of money, the 2008 has 10K miles on it which is NOTHING, damn thing was babied. All she wants out of the damn new one is remote start which only happens to come with the 2LT, again, STUPID when for 19.5K you get a 2008 with 10K miles and for 2K tops I could put in everything from a damn touchscreen navi, dash, XM/Sirius, backup camera, alarm and remote starter. Stupid to spend an extra 10K on a god damn remote starter and "lumar support" haha. Besides, the 2008 is also a V6!!!!!

It probably didn't help that we got into a huge arguement in the middle of the parking lot and I drove off, next thing I'll know the damn dude will of talked her into a 40K Caddy Srx.

Last edited by jeffm4688; 06-13-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode