Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Garage
Send a message via MSN to 07CobaltR Send a message via Skype™ to 07CobaltR
94 Camaro V6

My neighbor's boyfriend has a 94 V6 camaro. He has done 2 burnouts in my driveway in the last week and has been running his mouth, saying I think "my cobalt is bad". Its a 2007 2.2L LS. Only mod is Fujita CAI. Do you think I could beat him? My friend has a 2004 Mach 1 Mustang and my neighbor's boyfriend tried to race him on the highway. He said he was in fifth and didn't even have to downshift to beat him. I'm sick of him disrespecting me. I'm pretty sure that I can drive better than him. He has only had his license for a few months and has wrecked 3 times already. Should I race him?

Last edited by 07CobaltR; 08-01-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Forum Regular

Short answer no. Not that you could not beat him just the fact that there is no point is stooping to his level. If he wants to run his mouth thats fine and all just call your local police station and tell them that you saw a guy street racing and give them his plate number. See how "bad ass" he feels when he gets pulled over for it. but thats just me. And besides its illegal to street race anyway why risk it because some child is stupid.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
If he is that bad of a driver, i wouldnt want him next to me anyway...
Besides the legality of it, could you live with yourself if either of you hit a family trying to prove which one of you has the slowest car?

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Forum Regular

^^^ SOOOO THIS:

I actully had a fiend who is doing 20 years in prison for reckless endangerment and invoulentary manslauter after he t-boned a minivan while street racing. And it was on a road that normaly has NO traffic so anything can happen... so ya thats why is said don't be stupid.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Say What again!
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Yeah, a Mach 1 would destroy a 3.4L V6 Camaro. The Cobalt might even have a shot.

Take it to the track and see what happens.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties

Last edited by MP81; 08-01-2011 at 08:28 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Forum God

the guy sounds like a real loser...you know he's just insecure and trying to compensate for it by trashing you and your car. I mean who does burn outs in someone elses driveway to look cool? I'm so tired of these wannabes who either drive "daddy's car" or who buy old as hell muscle/sport cars and make fun of other ppl with newer cars to feel more significant in their lives.

You know the thing that pisses those ppl off the most is being humble. whatever you do, DON'T talk any trash about him or his car, just act like you don't care bout that stuff, be real down-to-earth, and at most just say "i like my car and wouldn't trade it" and if he does burn outs in your driveway again call the fukin cops.

Last time an old friend trashed me on facebook cuz I posted a pic of the stage 2 exedy clutch I just bought for my balt....I was just like 'wtv' then my friend owned him saying 'says the guy driving an old 300zx" it was pretty funny. All I said was "look man I'm just sharing my purchase with my friends" and he went on a rant saying 'im just kidding man, obviously you've got plans for your car but it's not my thing, to each their own" blaaa blaaa. Did I mention this kid was a dropout from school living with his gf in her parets' basement? These people just want to feel better in life because besides a "fast" car they don't have $HIT!!!

just forget about him.

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BboyTaktix View Post
the guy sounds like a real loser...you know he's just insecure and trying to compensate for it by trashing you and your car. I mean who does burn outs in someone elses driveway to look cool? I'm so tired of these wannabes who either drive "daddy's car" or who buy old as hell muscle/sport cars and make fun of other ppl with newer cars to feel more significant in their lives.

You know the thing that pisses those ppl off the most is being humble. whatever you do, DON'T talk any trash about him or his car, just act like you don't care bout that stuff, be real down-to-earth, and at most just say "i like my car and wouldn't trade it" and if he does burn outs in your driveway again call the fukin cops.

Last time an old friend trashed me on facebook cuz I posted a pic of the stage 2 exedy clutch I just bought for my balt....I was just like 'wtv' then my friend owned him saying 'says the guy driving an old 300zx" it was pretty funny. All I said was "look man I'm just sharing my purchase with my friends" and he went on a rant saying 'im just kidding man, obviously you've got plans for your car but it's not my thing, to each their own" blaaa blaaa. Did I mention this kid was a dropout from school living with his gf in her parets' basement? These people just want to feel better in life because besides a "fast" car they don't have $HIT!!!

just forget about him.
The ones that really piss me off are the ones who think its cool to rev at you and whatnot with a car that obviously will kill a 2.2. Im always thinking "i hope your evo is faster than my cobalt, or you wasted a hell of a lot of money!"
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Forum God

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagnetti76 View Post
The ones that really piss me off are the ones who think its cool to rev at you and whatnot with a car that obviously will kill a 2.2. Im always thinking "i hope your evo is faster than my cobalt, or you wasted a hell of a lot of money!"
lol my friend has a genesis 2.0turbo with some light mods, he says he revs at cars he knows are faster sometimes just to watch them take off, and then watch them possibly get a ticket :P

but seriously some ppl are just losers. It's one thing to be humble and have ppl appreciate your ride, but it's the ppl who flaunt their cars like crazy even though they're nothing that special just to get reassurance or attention or to put down other people who have other places to put their money....

BboyTaktix
- 2011 Plasma Blue pearl WRX STI sedan
- SOLD -S256 TURBO 2.2 -SS/TC body, SS/Tc shocks/struts, B&G springs, 17"mags, TRS FX-R retrofits (50W/6000k)
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Veteran

Garage
Id tell my neighbor to keep her yippy, bitch boyfriend the **** out of my driveway with that burnout shit or she can handle having the marks removed. Then id piss in his gas tank for good measure.

GpB311 Showoff Profile https://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/veh...ngeles-ca.html

You might also know me as Dick Thrusthumper...
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:34 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Lightbulb

ya i dont take it to seriously, i realize they just have ego issues. it really pisses em off when you laugh at them!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode