Another Interest...Kia Forte - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Another Interest...Kia Forte

Another search adventure this time being a 2013 Kia Forte. Last was the Chevy Sonic and Hyundai Accent which both were fun to drive. For those who own one is the 2.4 SX worth the upgrade over my 2.2. I also thought at first the 2.0 in the LX/EX for better mpg but the 2.4's intriguing.

I'm actually into the sedan SX over the Koupe and not interested in the new 2014 sorry lol.

2010 Cobalt 2LT Victory red Coupe
Mods: Tinted 50% ceramic all around, factory spoiler, 2008 LE5 2.4 Throttle body, GMPP Intake, Walker stock exhaust system (back to silence), TruBendz/MBE 2.5" catted Downpipe, HP Tuners by Chenry Motorsports, Alpine CDE-151 with USB port, Rockford Fosgate 300-10
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Staff Alumni
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
I've heard good things about that ride. Keep us up to date on your findings and decisions. Surprised at how good/ far companies like Kia and Hyndai have brought their junk econoboxes to the fore front of automotive competition.

05 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
05 Chevy Cobalt LS (RIP 7/13/2013)
99 Nissan Altima GXE (Daily)
99 Subaru Legacy (Daily)
07 Jeep Liberty Limited (No longer the tow truck for the balt )

If you have questions and I'm not on please PM, notifications go straight to my phone 24/7.

My Showoff
Join YC on FB
Syndicate of Tuners.com
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Staff Alumni

Friend has a 2012 forte koup. Its way nicer than any non ss or higher cobalt. They're cheap and hes gets above what the sticker says for mpg by about 4-5 mpg. The sedans should be comparable to the koup's

2009 Ford Escape Limited - 3.0L, 6 speed auto, 4x4, 25/33 city/hwy imp mpg.
2017 F150 XLT-XTR - 5.0L, 4x4, 3.55's, E-locker, xtr chrome package, fx4 off-road package.
20/25 imp mpg

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Gawd of Thunda!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SpeedyCobalt
i know its not a forte but my parents own a 2009 4 dr kia rio and the suspension on that thing is terrible!

2005 Stealth grey metallic 2DR Standard Base Model
2006 Burnt Orange 2DR Standard SS
MY SHOWOFF THREAD

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
I test drove the sedan and koup. I almost went for the Koup, kind of happy I do not get it though. Its my own opinion and I look at it like "its still a Kia" and saying what I drive would almost make me ashamed to say it lol. Almost as horrible of a feeling as saying I drive a toyota. Again, just my opinion.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
I test drove the sedan and koup. I almost went for the Koup, kind of happy I do not get it though. Its my own opinion and I look at it like "its still a Kia" and saying what I drive would almost make me ashamed to say it lol. Almost as horrible of a feeling as saying I drive a toyota. Again, just my opinion.
^This.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 04:58 AM Thread Starter
Contributor

I also read on the Throttle mod on the Fortes to reduce the starting lag by adjusting the screws on the throttle box by the pedal. I'm kinda curious if the Cobalt has a similar setup? But if a custom tune can only solve it, that means no lol. As for the Forte Koup, my only complaint is the rear wheels are too far back, like the Pontiac G6 and the Scion tC for instance. Otherwise ok in some angles.

2010 Cobalt 2LT Victory red Coupe
Mods: Tinted 50% ceramic all around, factory spoiler, 2008 LE5 2.4 Throttle body, GMPP Intake, Walker stock exhaust system (back to silence), TruBendz/MBE 2.5" catted Downpipe, HP Tuners by Chenry Motorsports, Alpine CDE-151 with USB port, Rockford Fosgate 300-10
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 05:54 AM
Staff Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer View Post
100% agreed. Even if I liked them, which I kind of do, every time I see that weird commercial with the hipster hamsters driving through a rainbow spacial vortex, I feel a little weird inside.

"You all know I take great pride in my title as Mr. Positive."
My Showoff
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Yea, I like the look of some of the Kia's but there is things that makes me not care to have one. Lies from the factory on MPG and often performance and not the good way like GM and others underrate their HP #'s. Than the quality, they have come along way yes but sorry. Take the Veloster Turbo, ohhhhhhh its got 200hp. So what, its still the same crummy suspension and all that. Just half-arsed attempts. And the owners of newer Optima's, what is their deal? Thinking they are high and mighty. I was more than obliged to rape that one guys in this turbo model when they first hit in the balt when he gave me that "haha, I'm better let me ride up on your ass and then attempt do a fly by." FAIL!

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode