2013 Mazdaspeed 3 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 06:19 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
2013 Mazdaspeed 3

How do you guys feel abt the speed 3? Is it cheap made does it have nice interior? And performance wise how is it? Also ride quality? Thanks for all the info guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 06:31 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
i've only driven a gen 1 ms3 and i think they're great. good interior and smooth ride. the only issue i have with them is that the front end floats once you get into boost. motor and tranny mounts would fix that though

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
Contributor

Garage
I'm thinking abt getting a new 2013 so I though I'd ask

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Are they reliable

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
The Internet is your friend, dig around for some reviews, both by journalists and by owners. Wouldn't hurt.

In my opinion it's a good car, plenty fast too. I'd wait a little while though, a new or revised (Skyactiv perhaps?) engine should be in the works. Take a look at its direct competitors too, GTI especially.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 04:41 AM

Garage
The can be fast but keep in mind they are very heavy. Stock for stock an lnf will still take it in every aspect

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 06:28 AM
Levee
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
They also are like the LNF was, where they can't adjust fuel tables to support good amounts of mods. And they blow up easy.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 06:36 AM

Garage
Fuel injection is going to be much more reliable and upgradeable than direct injection also. There's not much fuel aftermarket support for most direct injection motors that are cam driven hpfp

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
they are good to run around, interior is much better and do a few mods and be done or have fun with issues. The skyactiv is ok but it has a really high compression, not good for boost. There is a lot of talk in the mazda world, not just on the 3 about how they are going to handle boost or if they will be boosted from the factory cause of this.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerBalt View Post
Fuel injection is going to be much more reliable and upgradeable than direct injection also. There's not much fuel aftermarket support for most direct injection motors that are cam driven hpfp
For now. Just like the TBI system replaced the carb, so will direct injection do to port. Give them a few years to work out the kinks and we'll see the aftermarket situation improve.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Levee
YourCobalt.com Premium Member
Admin

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Leveecius
Suprisingly enough, DI is actually VERY nice! Imagine being able to build a HUGE monster or an engine and NEVER needing to replace injectors. This is the path DI is going with cars. They are amazing setups, and like I said before, a lot of people haven't been able to hack the tuning encryptiions yet to adjust the fuel tables to allow for the full potential of the DI systems. It took HP tuners 4 almost 5 years to crack the DI fuel tables on the LNF, and now look at them, they are starting to do more damage for power output on the LNF safer.

I like DI setups, just wish the tuning for them wasn't so difficult lol. But yes, they do have some kinks, but not as many as most would expect.

'09 SS/TC - Stolen
Mods - Injen CAI, CIA MAF Relocate CP's, Dejon FMIC,
Custom 3" DP, 3" Exhaust, GT3076R, Pioneer AVH-4100DVD, Hurst STS, ZZP triple pod, Autometer Cobalt boost/DPIC/WB gauges, Nitto NT05 245/40/18's, H&R Springs, 80:20 Meth Spray
Future - KSport Kontrol Pro Coilovers, 10% Tint, FMIC spray
538whp/501wtq @38 psi on meth and 93 oct on stock ish motor

06 EVO IX MR/SE - Sold
Mods - *Updated 10/6/13* AEM TRUboost EBC, 4in custom TBE, SD dual 93/e85 tune, ETS 4in Race Core FMIC, Dual Aeromotive 400lph Fuel Pumps, T4 Tubular Manifold w/ dual WG's, FP Super99HTZ DBB Turbo, GSC 274 mivec cams, ARP headstuds/rod studs, FIC 2150cc Injectors, Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Rail, catch can, Mini Battery Kit, Slim Coolant Fan, Kiggly Racing high pressure valve Springs/Titanium Retainers, Supertech Stainless Steel Valves, Dual VTA Tial 44mm WG's, 4g64 Stroker Manley Pistons, 155mm 2.4 LR Manley Turbo Plus I Beam Rods with ARP 625 Studs, 100mm forged non-billet Manley Crankshaft, Full H/E PNP with Port Matching, Kiggly Racing Girdle, Dual Tial 50mm BOV's, Excedy Triple Disc Carbon HD Clutch, AEM EMS

'95 Ram 2500 Diesel
Mods - 5in TBE, Boost Elbow set to 28psi, Adjusted fuel pump, Open Turbo.

Future Mods- Super Street Clutch (rated @1400ftlbs tq), 67mm turbo, 160lb valve springs, added timing, tubular exhaust manifold, larger injectors, possible 6 spd swap.

Master ASE Certified Gasoline/Diesel Technician since 2004

Speed Junkies Social Group

Yourcobalt Official Facebook Page!

Syndicate of Tuners Official Page! Up and going again as of 1/11/13

Click here to PM me if you have questions or issues!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode