New Corvette ZR1 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

New Corvette ZR1

Chevrolet Corvette SS info

Remember the ‘Blue Devil’ rumors? That project is still on, under the name Corvette SS. The mother of all Corvettes will be powered by a supercharged version of the upcoming 6.2L LS3 Small-Block V8. The Supercharger is said to be integrated into the manifold like the 4.4L Northstar. Power ratings will be at about 650 HP, and this car is said to break tons of performance records...for nearly a fraction of the cost of anything close to it's performance capabilities. Expected release date is for the 2009 model year.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Contributor

:::correction:::
it is the Corvette ZR1, it went though a bunch of weight reduction (most pannels are now carbon fiber, and lighter supports. the engine is a 6.2 liter but it is not a LS3 its the LS9 (it has the smae liters as the LS3 but it is built up way more...) it does have a new design by eaton that is very interesting... it is planned to have over 620 bhp but they do not have a specific number yet. 19" wheels in front and 20" wheels in the back... body looks similar to the new zo6 but is has some differances.... for aero and down force. bigger brakes.... the hood will have a clear section on it to show the supercharger.... and it is planned to be 100,000 USD.

GM saw what they could do with a $60,000 car (corvette ZO6) that could beat a lot of 6 digit cost super cars... and wanted to see what they could do with a $100,000 car. it is said to beat porcshes, Ferraris, lambos, and almost any other 12 cylinder super car you throw at it. will also beat the new skyline... no problem ;)
post #3 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

The info I got was from GMinsidenews...I haven't seen them wrong yet but who knows.

post #4 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:01 AM
Contributor

we are a big vette family and follow up alot on vette news. my dad is looking to get this new vette, as soon as they are taking orders he will be setting his up... we are a part of a big nation wide vette club and for the midwest sector we are pretty high up... not being a dick but i am 99-100% sure my info is correct.... i even have some pics from a site that we have a log in to of the new vette (ZR1)

here....

post #5 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Contributor

the ZR1 name was broughr back from the early 90s ZR1 which beleive it or not was one of the faster vettes.... it would take a c-5 vette any day , and put tp a good fight to a c-5 zo6 and a c-6 base coupe. it had a 4 cam lotus built motor in it. GM teamed with lotus on that car
post #6 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Contributor

I think you guy just brought a tear to my eye. **sniffle** it's beautiful.
post #7 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I hope your right.....That is one beautiful, powerful car...

post #8 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Newcomer

yeah, it's going to be badged a ZR1 for sure, check all the auto mag websites like caranddriver.com
post #9 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Contributor

i will see if i can dig and find the production date.... my dad might know...
post #10 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 09:24 AM
Contributor

Thats what I love about the Vette...they never make it look like something from space. It's still kept its sleek sex sports car design. They never tried to make it look like something it's not. But yet they are always impressive with their work...it's like a beautiful peice of art. yet has the engine to send you to space. :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode