Test drove new HHR SS at work - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Test drove new HHR SS at work

Yeah I know i havent posted here in like a year but just wanted to let you guys know...

Ive been working at a chevy dealership and i was able to get ahold of the 08 HHR SS which has the same 260hp tc engine as the new cobalt. I was first to drive it right after the truck.

But yeah that little thing will fly! I took it around town for a bit still wrapped in plastic hahahaha. but yeah i got up to about 75 in no time at all. had a bit of torque steer to it. you could hear the turbo too.

but all in all pretty cool little car. 25k though..i dont know about that. i'll be excited to see the cobalts when they come too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 02:41 AM
Expert

Sounds good. 25K? wow!

I may have to go check out the dealership that my uncle works at and see if they'll let me try one of those bad boys. Either that or I could try out the new malibu.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-05-2008, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
cool, I really like the HHR but had to get the balt cause it being a coupe and I am more comfy w/ it. Not sure if the HHR would be the type of keeper ya know, like if the look and all would wear off. Definitely like to test drive the new TC one though, although I am sure it well be like driving my balt, similiar output w/ the stage II, header and exhaust so.

I think since I am off I shall head down to the dealer and see if they have any, probably not but being the best dealer in Charlotte ya never know. Did not think they would be getting them yet. Oh well, might be able to see my LS I traded since last I knew the poor thing was not taken yet. Not poor as pos but poor as I put power windows, locks and keyless, cruise, new wheels and tires, projectors, low pro spolier and it looked great and was taken of but still sitting there type of poor when someone should be enjoying it lol.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-06-2008, 10:56 PM
Forum Regular

Hey man, good to see ya again. What have you been up to?

I guess the HHR SS is pretty quick but it's so ugly it doesn't even matter.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 AM
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dduffy2005 View Post
Sounds good. 25K? wow!

I may have to go check out the dealership that my uncle works at and see if they'll let me try one of those bad boys. Either that or I could try out the new malibu.
Give the new Malibu a try, you will be pleasantly surprised.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Newcomer

Yeah the new Malibu's are really really nice, especially the interior. The exterior is cool too.

But my favorite car at the dealership is ofcourse the Z06. those are A LOT of fun hahaha. ive driven a few of those.

And since its a chevy/cadillac dealer ive also driven quite a few XLR and XLR-V's. those are awesome :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode