Possible "new" Car Again - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Other Cars Talk about cars other than the Chevy Cobalt here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Possible "new" Car Again

So down to just the rides in my signature, the 15 200s and F150. Wife has been driving my 150, its paid off and I do not know where she goes so she drives the less valuable ride haha. Its not great on gas, that 5.0L loves to eat plus having a tank leaking if filled over 1/2 a tank does not help.

So I am going to buy a "new" car in the next month or 2 if everything goes well and the money I am due to get does indeed come.

Its for her mainly and I'll get my truck back and have the 200 still. I thought about a Cobalt but it seems most that are at my requirement are so beat so I have pretty much given up on that idea. I will of course be on the look at for a clean one when the time comes to get serious. If the time comes I should say.

My requirements

Reliable or known to be
Not super high mileage, say, over 150k
Under $5k out the door or even better if way less and still nice

I have come across a few cars in the area that meet this. One being an RSX, nope its not a type S or anything. Looks like mid model but its super clean and has either a factory kit that makes it look terrific or its aftermarket but done right. Auto, she does not care for manual anymore after the Fiat 500, nothing wrong with it but traffic sucks and lets face it, she's a she.

Been looking at civics, gayrolla's(too high even for early 2000s) and tooo basic even with all bells. We love older Volvo's so eyes are out for nice ones.

Its going to be interesting because there is a lot of cars under 5k out there and it would be easy to get mustang or camaro or something deemed "cool" but that is not what I am after. Something that will run no matter what, get good gas mileage and be cheap to insure is trumping the neat things. I do and love enjoy the looking though, even if its a boring car.

What happened to the 500? They tend to be wrote off when plowed by a truck. Good thing is the truck was F'd up too, way to stand your ground lil' one.

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

What about a fusion or focus. Maybe a Malibu?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
How about one of those funky Scions? 1st gen xB and tCs are kinda cool and fit your criteria.

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-13-2016, 09:23 PM
Say What again!
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
Cavalier! Mine just passed 250k miles...

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z - Wrecked/Sold
1998 Chevrolet Cavalier - Wrecked/Donated
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt LT - M62 Supercharger, Ported Throttle Body, 42 lb/hr Injectors, Intense 2.9" Pulley, Cobra Heat Exchanger, SS/TC Exhaust, TTR Engine and Trans Mounts, Trifecta Tune, ZZP Header and Downpipe, '08+ FE5 Struts/Shocks, SSC Springs, FE5 Control Arms, SS/SC Front Swaybar, Powell Hardcore Rear Swaybar, 18" MSR 045s, Dunlop ZIIs, Nightshaded Tails/Side Markers, Shorty Antenna, Black Bowties, Black Grilles, Black Headlights, Dual JL 12" w1v2 Subs, A/D/S Front/Rear Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen, G85 Recaros, Leather Rear Seats, 160 MPH Cluster.
2014 Chevrolet Cruze Diesel - 17" MSR 013s, Black Bowties, Black Tails, UR Rear Lower Bar
1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - JVC Ribbon Tweeters, SEAS Mids, Pyle Woofers, Kenwood Tape Deck, Zapco Amp/Equilizer, Ceramic-Coated Longtubes, 2.5" Pypes Stainless Exhaust, Bilstein B6 Shocks, GW U/L Control Arms, Hotchkis Springs Sway Bars, DD HDX Cluster
2017 Chevrolet Volt LT - Black Bowties
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Beamer Send a message via Yahoo to Beamer
Never was a fan of the scions aside from a brief flirt with the tC when it first came out. Wife hates them so... Cavalier, been there many times. I personally want a cavalier but its not happening unless its a very nice 2nd gen phase 1 or the rare-ish mid year 2002 LS Sport pops up. Rare as in finding a nice one not across country.

We'll see

My Gone But Not Forgotten Cobalt(s) Show off

2015 Fiat 500 Abarth | 2016 International Durastar

Check out my Youtube page
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Go for a Z24, the cream of the Cavalier crop lol

'07 Eclipse GT build thread - 280whp, 254wtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread