DIY: How to Install a Chevy Cobalt Header and Downpipe - Page 7 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Performance Performance DIY/How-to's

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Yay go me
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

yea im going to use this on friday but i only got the header right now next year will be the downpipe so i hope i seen some gain

My sig thanks to Gcobalt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 08:55 PM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
you will see little to no gain with JUST the header...you're really going to wait until next year to spend 200 dollars on your car?

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #63 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:21 PM
Staff Alumni

Garage
just thought I'd bump+necro this thread, I'm installing my header tomorrow and I found this thread to be absoulutly just amazing!!

oh and header actually depending on the header you will actually see gains^^^^ a long tube does an N/A car next to nothing, the shorty headers are quite benneficial for an n/a car though

post #64 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
OBZ
Staff AlumniDedicated

Thanks! I'm glad it helped ya out!

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say,
A fool speaks because he has to say something"
OBZ's showoff thread!
post #65 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Forum Regular

WHere can I purchase the shortie header/downpipe combo? I definitly want to do this, but only with stainless steel components.

:{)
post #66 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 07:42 AM
YourCobalt of the Quarter Winner
YourCobalt of the Month Winner

Garage
i don't think there is a combo for those... could be wrong. but the best set up IMO is getting bad-mab header and the zzp downpipe.

Forged L61 BW S252 Turbocharged Showoff Thread
post #67 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-28-2011, 12:24 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankerBalt View Post
i don't think there is a combo for those... could be wrong. but the best set up IMO is getting bad-mab header and the zzp downpipe.
Ok, I see. That's one fine looking header!

Does it get the EGR tube that goes from the far side of the mount to the nearest exhaust tube? It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

:{)
post #68 of 69 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Newcomer

I installed a zzp header + down pipe and Tsudo cat back a few weeks ago. Automatic 2.2L with SAI. It took me about 6 hours taking my time and including some nice breaks for lunch and a beer.

1) All heat shield and exhaust manifold nuts/bolts can be reached from the top. Drivers side manifold nuts are a pita to get to if you have large hands.
2) Disconnect the down pipe from the cat back exhaust and you can remove the down pipe and exhaust manifold as one piece through the top/hood. Remember to disconnect the O2 sensors first!
3) Tsudo exhaust uses stock hangers except for the two that attach to the muffler. I used: 3A Racing/Chrysler exhaust insulator (62-00905) | Exhaust Hanger | AutoZone.com
4) I cut off the stock tip and used a resonator style tip that flowed better than the one that came with the exhaust.
5) Since I have SAI I had to make a flange and weld it onto the zzp header and attach it to keep SAI functional. That took some time.

If you do not have SAI then replacing your manifold with a header, down pipe, and a cat back is very easy even for a beginner. Just make sure you use jack stands and do things safely. I had 4 under my car(each wheel) plus the jack for extra safety.

Last edited by vorvon; 05-30-2011 at 09:49 AM.
post #69 of 69 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
Newcomer

header+dp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ranger View Post
Ok, I see. That's one fine looking header!

Does it get the EGR tube that goes from the far side of the mount to the nearest exhaust tube? It's hard to explain, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBZ View Post
Thanks! I'm glad it helped ya out!
so i have been looking at geting a header and dp but i am confused on if i get a shoty header what kind of dp can i get? i really want to get the shorty dp from bad-mab.com but i dont know of a good dp that would be compatible with my car (07 cobalt ls 2.2L) do you have any suggestions??? i have been at this for weeks! thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

i ment the shorty header from bad-mab.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode