For Everyone That May Want to Make There Own Intake. This Should Help - Page 23 - Chevy Cobalt Forum / Cobalt Reviews / Cobalt SS / Cobalt Parts
Performance Performance DIY/How-to's

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Newcomer

Switched it up and thought that this would look alot better and just put it right in the pipe. I figured out what they mean by the cuts at the bottom of the 90degree base by the TB. I think everyting worked out great i feel like it would hit the hood but it shuts fine and if anything it just touchs. What have you done for your mounting bracket i rigged something up not sure how well it will hold but its pitch black i will get a pic of it tomorow here is how i did my MAF.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 225 (permalink) Old 01-06-2012, 07:09 AM
Forum Regular

i am doing this tommorrow. i am gonnna post pics aand or maybe a video.
i started it yesterday but muffed up on the sensor cause i bought one of the mount pieces and lined up the wrong screw holes. long day at work so i was really tired lol......for any newbies doing this do not put maf sensor in wrong way or backwards... the way you take it out is the way it goes back in.... if not you car will idle rough and stall out...mine did it last night
post #223 of 225 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 02:01 AM
Contributor

I currently have a Spectre tube utilizing stock airbox. Thought about getting the Alum Kit (8219 unless reusing current tube, 9405 MAF adapter and whatever filter.

1. Doesn't the MAF adapter feature various adapter kits w/o dremeling the part?

2. Where do you mount the bracket holding the intake?

2010 Cobalt 2LT Victory red Coupe
Mods: Tinted 50% ceramic all around, factory spoiler, 2008 LE5 2.4 Throttle body, GMPP Intake, Walker stock exhaust system (back to silence), TruBendz/MBE 2.5" catted Downpipe, HP Tuners by Chenry Motorsports, Alpine CDE-151 with USB port, Rockford Fosgate 300-10

post #224 of 225 (permalink) Old 04-14-2012, 11:46 AM
Contributor

Garage
I've been thinking about doing this to my car also, except using a k&n filter instead of a spectre but still keeping the spectre pipping

Future mods:
chevy 572 c.i. motor insatall
post #225 of 225 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012, 01:17 AM
YourCobalt.com Premium Member

Garage
I just realized that i havent posted a new pic of my intake since i did the heat shield it looks a little odd, but the shield works both as a bracket and air funnels directly to the filter because of the bends on the sheet metal i made.

Please Excuse the bad picture in my sig, but my sig has a link to the new awy my car looks in a much better light

160 MPH SS/SC Cluster, Air box mod, Custom Spectre Short Ram Intake, Back on Steelies for the Winter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode