Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick
Easy as pie. From the owner's manual
How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System
The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change your engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Whenever the oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where the oil is changed prior to a CHANGE OIL SOON message being turned on, reset the system.
After changing the engine oil, the system must be reset:
1. Turn the ignition to ON/RUN, with the engine off.
2. Press the information and reset buttons on the Driver Information Center (DIC) at the same time to enter the personalization menu.
3. Press the information button to scroll through the available personalization menu modes until the DIC display shows OIL-LIFE RESET.
4. Press and hold the reset button until the DIC display shows ACKNOWLEDGED. This will tell you the system has been reset.
5. Turn the key to LOCK/OFF.
If the CHANGE OIL SOON message comes back on when the vehicle is started, the engine oil life system has not reset. Repeat the reset procedure.
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly
Last edited by Coby7; 10-31-2018 at 12:08 PM.